Author Topic: New addition - sorry it has been a while  (Read 2544 times)

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
New addition - sorry it has been a while
« on: February 27, 2008, 10:20:32 pm »
Hi guys, sorry it has been a while since I posted. I have been trying to catch up. We should have another BPO Baby coming October 15, 2008. I am 7 weeks pregnant.

Question for all other Big Paw mommies, did you get stupid questions when you were pregnant about your Big Paw? I am so tired of the questions.

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Re: New addition - sorry it has been a while
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 11:04:17 pm »
CONGRATs to you!!!!!!!!! Yay! Stupid questions - ALL THE TIME about EVERY FREAKIN' THING! As the penguin said in the Madagascar movie, "Just smile and wave, boys, just smile and wave". People are total dorks about other people's pregnancies. Your cat will lick the milk off baby's mouth and suffocate it. Baby will choke on dog hair. Doggie will see baby as a threat and become dangerous. Oh, and it goes on. But, think of witty comebacks and enjoy your pregnancy! It's a great time, and there are many more ahead!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 11:31:05 pm »
my next comback will be, "well adak will sleep in the crib with the baby" gees people. I mean someone asked me if adak would be allowed to lick the baby...YES.... why wouldn't he be able to. I have even made arrangements for Adak to spend time with my mom and sister while I am in the hospital as Josh said he is staying with me and Adak loves my mom, so when we bring the baby in, adak will get to sniff it and kiss it. He will be almost 2 when the baby comes, I see abosolutely no problem with MY baby being around MY dog. It will make cute christmas pictures! Sorry to rant, it just gets on my last nerve.

The most stupid of them all was 1. Will Adak bite the babies head off?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 11:34:06 pm by LuvmyMal »

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 12:01:13 am »
Well, I am looking forward to that Christmas picture - assuming, of course, that the poor baby's head is still intact! Next time someone asks if Adak will bite the baby's head off, keep a straight face and just say "yes". Then watch their reaction!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

chaosndestruction

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 12:48:57 am »
my next comback will be, "well adak will sleep in the crib with the baby" gees people. I mean someone asked me if adak would be allowed to lick the baby...YES.... why wouldn't he be able to. I have even made arrangements for Adak to spend time with my mom and sister while I am in the hospital as Josh said he is staying with me and Adak loves my mom, so when we bring the baby in, adak will get to sniff it and kiss it. He will be almost 2 when the baby comes, I see abosolutely no problem with MY baby being around MY dog. It will make cute christmas pictures! Sorry to rant, it just gets on my last nerve.

The most stupid of them all was 1. Will Adak bite the babies head off?

I love how ignorant most people are!!! When we first brought home Arisha, I researched Malamutes a bit (since she's mal/husky) and they're supposed to be great with kids!

My mom does foster care and she had a 16 year old girl and her 2 year old son in the house for a while and Arisha was great with him, whenever he got too rough with her she'd either move away or put her paw on him as if to say "no".

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 12:56:41 am »
yes the Paw of Death as I call it. Adak does that too. We are chaneling that to "Shake" or "glad to meet you" the second verse came from the breeder. He now makes his paw a little more gentle.  :-*

I like that about telling them that he will bite the head off. I am so going to use that. My other favorite was "I can't believe you are going to have a wolf around the baby" I asked them how close a wolf lived to me that I had never seen it and I would like to go meet it. I am getting where I just love ignorant people.

Modified to add...a girl I work with has cats and just had a baby, she chimed in and told someone that as long as I don't put the baby to bed wearing the bologna mask everything will be ok.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 12:58:33 am by LuvmyMal »

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 01:01:12 am »
Congratulation s!  How exciting!  As for stupid people?  All I can suggest is to "consider the source" as my mom has always said.  I got all of those comments about Cara because everyone thought that she was just tooooo big to have in the family after we had children.  Ummm, like I hadn't thought of that ahead of time?  Did I think that those puppy snowshoe feet meant that she was going to be a poodle instead of a Pyr?   ::)  Sigh.  Try to blow off all of the goofy things that people say & do.  Like the woman at work that tried to pull up my maternity top in the middle of the lobby to show the receptionist how big I was getting.   :o  >:(  ::)  I almost blew a gasket over that one.  Anyway, ignore as much of the silly stuff as you can & have a wonderful pregnancy.  Congrats again!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees