Author Topic: Need good thoughts and prayers for my mom  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
Need good thoughts and prayers for my mom
« on: February 28, 2008, 09:26:40 am »
I just found out that my mother has advanced stage breast cancer that has spread to her lymph nodes.  She is having more tests today to see how bad it is, all the doctors have said at this point is they need to treat her immediately and aggressively.  I don't get along with my mother and we rarely talk.  I think the last time I spoke to her was June last year.  I may not like her as a person, but she is still my mother and I would never want her to go through something like this.  She's been trying to call my sister, but she didn't even tell me, my aunt did.  So now I am going through the whole range of emotions about whether or not I made a mistake in not speaking to her and such.  She's got a rough road ahead of her and I just pray it's not as bad as we are all fearing...
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Need good thoughts and prayers for my mom
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 09:38:17 am »
Sending thoughts, prayers and (((((hugs)))) your way! Lets pray she pulls threw this.

marypyrs

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 12:15:25 pm »
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 12:28:29 pm »
I'm so sorry your mom has to go through this.  No matter what has happened in the past, or how you may feel about her as a person, this is still something that no woman or really any person should have to go through.  Sending healthy, healing thoughts your moms way, and lots of hugs to you as well.  Let's hope that treatment is swift and effective, and that this may hopefully bring you closer together.  :'( :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 03:02:53 pm »
Life can really suck sometimes...ta ke care of yourself and don't be too hard on yourself..keep ing you in good thoughts and prayers...

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 03:05:01 pm »
Sending you and your family lots of hugs & prayers from New Jersey.  Hang in there as best you can and don't forget to take care of yourself too.

Anita & the 4 Newfies from NJ