Author Topic: 205 Pound Great Pyrenees(Pics)  (Read 23784 times)

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
205 Pound Great Pyrenees(Pics)
« on: March 01, 2008, 09:09:10 am »
We went to visit a lady that has a 205 pound Pyrenees and he is not fat at all! its all size and hair ;D he is named Fabion.She lives in my area so we made a trip to see him and 2 of her other pyrs to discuss some training and overall Pyrness :D we enjoyed seeing the big guy,he was as gentle as one of his cats :o but did stay between us and his momma the entire visit,very amazing to see this gentle giant.

That is my mom in the purple top,when Fabion was sitting his head reached her chest :o

This of course is not the norm for a pyr so thats why we made the special visit ;) He is one of the most beautiful dogs I think I have ever seen(besides the slobber)ha..ha..
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 09:12:37 am by GreatPyr »
Max-3 Year old Golden/Lab cross
Buddy-8 Year old English Cocker Spaniel
Bear-4 month old Great Pyrenees
Tigger-barn kitty
Shiloh-9 year old Painthorse

NYbigdog25

Re: 205 Pound Great Pyrenees(Pics)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 09:12:54 am »
Wow He is beautiful!!

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 09:16:56 am »
Wow He is beautiful!!

And the pictures honestly do him no justice,I could not get far enough away from him to get full body shots,if I would make a step away from him he would follow and sit right in front of me,he was not allowing us to roam his house by ourself so I had to get all closeups!
Tigger-barn kitty

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 09:50:49 pm »
Wow, that's an enormous Pyr! I guess as long as they're bred responsibly, a dog that large would be alright... you just don't want a Pyr who's bred to be so large but whose hips and joints aren't healthy enough to support it. Well what a cutie Fabion is! I love meeting big paw parents with amazing fur babies in the area too. Our breeder is great about letting us know of fellow Newf owners in the area.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 08:44:26 am »
Wow, that's an enormous Pyr! I guess as long as they're bred responsibly, a dog that large would be alright... you just don't want a Pyr who's bred to be so large but whose hips and joints aren't healthy enough to support it. Well what a cutie Fabion is! I love meeting big paw parents with amazing fur babies in the area too. Our breeder is great about letting us know of fellow Newf owners in the area.

s long as he is not overweight then hopefully he will be fine.He is actually thinner as far as weight goes,he is all hair and just size,you can look at him when in person and see that he actually is a little thin,she keeps him that way on purpose so the extra weight doesnt affect his joints,back and so forth.He is out of the norm for pyrs of course,he wasnt bred intenionlly to be that size,he is the only one out of his breeding program that has gotten that large.He was something to see though!She is having him neutered so not to breed him,he actually gets neutered this month,she WAS going to bred him but given his size she is not.
Tigger-barn kitty

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 10:44:49 am »
she WAS going to bred him but given his size she is not.

He has other faults in addition to the size. Have you seen his nose??? It's pink for goodness sake  ::)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 10:58:36 am by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 11:59:16 am »
she WAS going to bred him but given his size she is not.

He has other faults in addition to the size. Have you seen his nose??? It's pink for goodness sake  ::)

Well I just stated what she said in the mongst of all the talking we did on Sat..I am sure she had other reasons,But you have to remember we were visitors there for a short period admiring her dogs...I am sure she didnt go into great detail with us on every aspect of her dogs,......I noticed part of his nose was pink,I looked back at his pics up to just recent his nose was not pink,,so wasnt born that way..maybe he skinned it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 03:48:27 pm by GreatPyr »
Tigger-barn kitty

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 07:18:40 pm »
Wow I can't imagine what it must have been like to be in the presence of that dog!! :o He looks like a big gentle sweetie but I bet he takes his guarding job seriously! Guarding his mommy that is!! ;)

As for the pink nose it looks to me like he just has a bunch of dirt on it or a scab. Who knows. Either way sounds like it's best to have him neutered. :) Someone else would be trying to make a bunch of money off him by breeding the heck out of him like the people with that monstrous Great Dane who is the biggest one in the records. :P

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 07:51:09 pm »
Wow I can't imagine what it must have been like to be in the presence of that dog!! :o He looks like a big gentle sweetie but I bet he takes his guarding job seriously! Guarding his mommy that is!! ;)

As for the pink nose it looks to me like he just has a bunch of dirt on it or a scab. Who knows. Either way sounds like it's best to have him neutered. :) Someone else would be trying to make a bunch of money off him by breeding the heck out of him like the people with that monstrous Great Dane who is the biggest one in the records. :P

He was very intimidating thats for sure,he sat or stood between us and her the entire time thats why I couldnt get far back full body pics of him,if you notice is always right there close to us,she said before we came in that he would stand between her and us and not to get in the way of that,so we didnt ::)
Tigger-barn kitty

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 08:34:22 pm »
Did she say why she was going to have him neutered?  I mean I understand she is not going to breed him, but why neuter him.  Just don't breed him.  That is what I am doing with Max.
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 08:43:06 pm »
Did she say why she was going to have him neutered?  I mean I understand she is not going to breed him, but why neuter him.  Just don't breed him.  That is what I am doing with Max.
Kathy

She does have 2 female pyrs at home that she doesnt want him to breed so she is getitng him fixed and the females spayed,She has a total of 6 dogs! shes not a breeder,she bought Fabion(the 205 pounder)and two females to bred BUT once he got so large and really out there for the standard she decided NOT to breed so shes getting him fixed,right now he stays strickly indoors only out to potty on a 45 foot leash and the 2 females are outside in a fenced in backyard,seperated till they are all fixed.I think she was responisbile enough to realize not to bred him,she cant help he got so large.
Tigger-barn kitty

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 11:07:14 pm »
I am really glad that she is not going to breed a dog that from the standard. There are more than enough BYB out there breeding for size first.

Lisa
WhiteRose Great Pyrenees

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 06:01:12 am »
Geez!  He's 205 pounds and not fat?  He must be at least 40 inches tall!  :o :o :o  Buddy is 36" tall and he is a tub of lard at 215 (was at 205, too), and he's got a much heftier frame and bigger head than a pyr.  I can't imagine how a pyr could get that heavy.  Did they tell you how tall he was?

36"
Tigger-barn kitty

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 11:24:51 am »
Geez!  He's 205 pounds and not fat?  He must be at least 40 inches tall!  :o :o :o  Buddy is 36" tall and he is a tub of lard at 215 (was at 205, too), and he's got a much heftier frame and bigger head than a pyr.  I can't imagine how a pyr could get that heavy.  Did they tell you how tall he was?

36"

Well, if he looked thin to you, I can pretty much guarantee that they are exaggerating his weight, which seems a pretty popular thing to do.  No way could a 36" dog weigh that much and not look fat.

I totally agree!!!
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 01:01:06 pm »

36"

Well, if he looked thin to you, I can pretty much guarantee that they are exaggerating his weight, which seems a pretty popular thing to do.  No way could a 36" dog weigh that much and not look fat.

We are talking  a pyr here, not a dane,a pyr has really thick,heavy coats..they can look alot bigger then they really are.I met one at Petsmart that said hers was one of the small ones weighing in at 100 Pounds,He looked like he weighed 200! I asked her twice about his weight,,,his hair made him look huge! anyway...i had seen the dog in person so to each his own beliefs,I am glad you can tell me hes fat when I stood next to him in the flesh :)
Tigger-barn kitty