Author Topic: RANT ON THE WORLD  (Read 2696 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
RANT ON THE WORLD
« on: March 03, 2008, 03:10:11 pm »
Ok now I have to rant after the whole marine thing

Just last thursday we found a dog in our yard (over 30 blockes from our house, amazing he wasn't hit by a car) called the owner and they asked us if we wanted a dog! We took him to the emerg vet as it was late (1 AM) and the pound was closed.They took him to the pound where they will keep him for 10 days to see if they owner claims him. If not the SPCA gets him and puts him up for adoption. The SPCA is a no kill shelter. Hopefully he will find an awesome home.

Then the next morning I wake up to find Tim's 91 Jeep stolen, (we didn't put theft on it  ::) Now we know better) We were moving and we had a bunch of stuff in there so that is why they stole it. At least we still have our new Jeep, but it is so creapy that people were watching us, we didn't get to bed until about 1:30am and were up at 5am! They stole about $2000 worth of stuff in the Jeep, and the Jeep.
But it's just stuff right? Still pi%$&^T me off. Why do people take stuff that doesn't belong to them?

On a better note we are in our new house and almost all unpacked!

Done ranting, feel free to rant as well ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: RANT ON THE WORLD
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 03:20:05 pm »
Holy poop! Idiots I swear. You get to a point where you have no faith left in people or the system what so ever. Glad to hear you're moved and almost settled. Hey did you have home insurance? Here in Canada the home insurance covers what was in the vehicule. In Quebec anyway.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 04:25:14 pm »
Holy poop! Idiots I swear. You get to a point where you have no faith left in people or the system what so ever. Glad to hear you're moved and almost settled. Hey did you have home insurance? Here in Canada the home insurance covers what was in the vehicule. In Quebec anyway.

I live in Canada too, in Alberta. We moved from Edmonton to Calgary. It's good to know that in one province house insurance covers what is in your car; we do have house insurance. Our house and car insurance is with the same company and when I called them they put in a claim for the contents so we will see what happens. :-\
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 04:49:45 pm »
Oh that's great! I'm sure you'll get a little something. Although it doesn't really replace what you lost.  >:(

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 06:27:52 pm »
Since you said to go ahead a rant, I'll join ya. Friday night @ 10om  my phone rang. Answering it I hear, "MOM I JUST GOT HIT HEAD ON, GET HERE NOW MOM,IT'S REALLY REALLY BAD MOM, PLEASE MOM GET HERE, I'M  HURT AND NEED HELP". Heart racing and nerves shattered, I race to where she was.
Pulling into the maze of police cars, ambulances and fire trucks I tried to prepare myself for what I was about to face. This is what I seen...

I looked around my daughter, scared to death, found her and realized for the most part she was not badly injured.Thank God.Then I realized something else....there was not a second vehicle there. I asked the police officer if the other driver was injured bad and had they already taken his vehicle? His reply? "The driver who hit your daughter took off!!!" WHAT??!!!!  We spent over 6 hours at the ER that night.Again, minor injuries, Thank the good Lord above. BUT, her insurance will cover this (thank heavens)minus her deductable until he is found! I can not tell you how much I want him found right now!

I know, be thankful for the small things. She was not hurt badly, van can be replaced, her kids were spending the night with gramma (me)...but dang. Why should she pay to have somebody hit and total her van out?

Ok, RANT OVER...NEXT :D

Offline BigSoftandFluffyLover

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 09:49:47 pm »
Its always when your moving  >:( grr!!!  My first day in Oklahoma, somone split our screen in a bedroom and stole all my dvds, dvd player, sound system and my playstaion 2!!!  Welcome to a the state!!!  I hope the best for you, good luck!!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 11:31:14 pm »
I hope they catch that A%^hole hit and run driver. That is horible! I'm glad your daughter is OK

And 9 wks that is way to long to be without a truck! And you gotta love the crappy rentals they give you. I hope you get your truck back soon.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)