Author Topic: My husband is, in fact, a man of his word! PIC!  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
My husband is, in fact, a man of his word! PIC!
« on: March 09, 2008, 07:09:35 pm »
Hubby and I have been going back and forth for months on getting another dog. I want one, he does but doesn't and hasn't been ready. A year ago he told me we could get a dog if I found a black dog with one blue eye, to match Tani, who also has one blue eye. Ha ha, honey - can you say needle in a haystack?? Then, a few days ago, he said, ok - we can get a dog, but it has to be an aussie female (knowing, probably, that I wouldn't go for it because I don't like all the grooming responsibiliti es!). WELL, on Sunday, I stumbled across - guess what - a 13 week old aussie/lab mix, black, with one BLUE eye and one BROWN eye!! How do I know the aussie part? Because the pup and her brother came in with the aussie mom as strays! They were in a kill shelter about an hour and a half away from us. My hubby said, "She's cute. I'm a man of my word - have a nice drive!" She is so cute, and Tani took to her right away. The puppy was immediately submissive and flopped on her back, and they romped and played for a long time after that! I am so excited!

We have a Japanese name theme, so I need to find something I like with a good meaning that goes well with Tani, Kenji, Mika, Nishi and Tasia. Anyway, without further adieu, meet our new puppy, who is not yet named...
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Rosalba

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Lucca at City park
    • View Profile
    • The Glovinsky Gallery of Contemporary Art
Re: My husband is, in fact, a man of his word! PIC!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 07:19:33 pm »
oh congrats! I think we all know how much you wanted this!  ;D
She is so cute! Japanese name, huh? Kuro means black, Aoi is blue, koniro is dark blue/navy... Ringo means apple! -I was considering that one for Lucca +there is the beatles connotation... Tohya, I think was peach blossom... momo is peach..
I was a minor in Japanese in college... but I tend to go for silly names... maybe later I'll come up with something more interesting...

congrats again!
-Rosalba

owned by:
Frida (the Chihuahua)
Olive (the handsome devil of a cat)
Lucca (the Saint Bernard puppy)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 07:34:35 pm »
we all know who to turn to when we need a needle found in any haystack....ho w cute is that dog.  and very little hair for grooming.  way to go.

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 07:49:17 pm »
Oh, so cute and I am so happy for you!!!  I know you've been wanting a puppy for a while.  Truly must have been meant to be!  Congratulation s!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 08:12:00 pm »
Congrats!  She is adorable.  Looks like she takes after the lab heritage, which makes her look cool being a black dog with odd eyes.  :)

I love the names in your famliy so far.  Very cool, I've always liked japanese names.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 08:16:05 pm »
She is beautiful, congratulation s!  I can't wait to hear what you name her and lots more pics of that pretty baby please?   ;)  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 09:16:49 pm »
I like Koniro, the pup is very cute :-*

lookingfornewf

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 09:33:36 pm »
Congratulation s on your new puppy. That certainly sounds like it was meant to be. Next time your hubby will have to come up with more of a challenge. ::)