Author Topic: Big, Beautiful, Bat-Eared Boxer Babies? **pic HEAVY**  (Read 9333 times)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
Big, Beautiful, Bat-Eared Boxer Babies? **pic HEAVY**
« on: March 09, 2008, 11:49:27 pm »
Or BBBEBB. ;)

Today's showcase, AVA. Foster mom went a bit nuts with her new charge ;)

My foster brother a cairn terrorist (yes that was intentional)

So I reiterate- WHO WANTS A PUPPY?! C'mon, I got six of these :D

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Re: Big, Beautiful, Bat-Eared Boxer Babies? **pic HEAVY**
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 11:51:31 pm »
Aw man, those are CUTE! You won't have any problems finding those cuties good homes.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 05:54:33 am »
LOL you'd think! But the problem isnt finding homes... its finding GOOD homes!

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 06:22:05 am »
True - sadly.  :'(

Your house is so full and you sound so busy. How do you get past the "can't save 'em all" thoughts? Does it get to you? Although, having followed your activities through this site for a year now, you just might be the one who CAN save 'em all!

Why I'm asking: It's 3:15 in the morning and I've just taken little Kai out for a pee, so I'm bleary eyed with tiredness and feeling warm and happy that I found Kai, but all those other pups at the shelter...stil l there... :'(

So, back to bed for me! Smooches to the bat babies and scritches to Cody's belly! :-*
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 09:57:04 am »
How adorable!
Max-3 Year old Golden/Lab cross
Buddy-8 Year old English Cocker Spaniel
Bear-4 month old Great Pyrenees
Tigger-barn kitty
Shiloh-9 year old Painthorse

chaosndestruction

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 02:45:30 pm »
I'd love another pup BUT I know that right now isn't the right time:(

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 05:59:25 pm »
True - sadly.  :'(

Your house is so full and you sound so busy. How do you get past the "can't save 'em all" thoughts? Does it get to you? Although, having followed your activities through this site for a year now, you just might be the one who CAN save 'em all!

Why I'm asking: It's 3:15 in the morning and I've just taken little Kai out for a pee, so I'm bleary eyed with tiredness and feeling warm and happy that I found Kai, but all those other pups at the shelter...stil l there... :'(

So, back to bed for me! Smooches to the bat babies and scritches to Cody's belly! :-*

Thanks for the kind words ;) Honestly, I have time for them all because I sleep an average of 3 hours a day. I work nights, 55 hour weeks, and am up all day with the animals. Typically I get home at 7am, manage the 12-17 dogs in the house (depending on how many rescues are there) play with everyone, walk everyone, feed the birds, clean cages, eat lunch, go to bed for 2-3 hours, then up and do it again before leaving for work at 10:30. I dont go on vaccations, I dont go out with friends, I have wonderful friends who come and help me as well as volunteers, and I have foster homes. I have a very firm schedule and have to stick to it! When things go wrong, I have 4 on call vets who come at the first sign of trouble, a network of dedicated and extremly necessary volunteers/friends and a boss who understands (since she is one of my foster homes!) that when I call out sick it is usually NOT for me but for a sick animal. I also have been known to bring animals that need constant care (like newborn abandoned pups) to work with me. I am very lucky.

As for the "cant save them all philosphy" that is the HARDEST part of rescue and I have three quotes that I live by. I probably say them to myself every few hours.

One: "Think with your head, NOT with your heart". When you rescue a dog that will cost say, $1000 to save, you can look at this dog and say "I took you from the gas chamber. I saved you from the cold and desolate filthy place where you were going to die in uncaring, unloving hands, and while I can not save you and give you a wonderful life, I can hold you, and kiss you and love you and let you go quietly across the bridge safe and warm and knowing you have not died in vain, because I will be able to save 10 other dogs from a similar fate with that money." Sometimes.. we do give in, and spend the money, like Cody, and Cocoa.

quote 2: "Trying to save all the dogs in shelters is like trying to empty the ocean with an eyedropper." It can not be done. It is impossible. You have to focus one dog at a time, remain logical, and do everything you can to stay strong, even when walking down a row of 100 dogs scheduled to die that day, and knowing you can only save 5. I have seen many, many rescuers go down trying to save them all.

Quote 3: and this is not verbataim, as i cant remember the exact poem.

"I walked through the shelter packed with unwanted, unloved animals. Dirty, scared, sick and scheduled to die. I was sick, angry, tired and frustrated and in desperation I raised my head and yelled out 'God! Why have you forsaken these creatures, your smallest, your neediest, to die at the hands of humans? How can you allow this creulty? Why won't you do anything?' There was silence. And then God replied softly, kindly. 'I did do something. I created you.' " I dont think that one needs much explanation.

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 10:39:24 pm »
She is adorable!  I hope they all find great homes.

How on earth can you live on 2-3 hrs of sleep a night/day?!  :o :o

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2008, 10:42:36 pm »
Quote from: ZooCrew link=topic=22141.msg270716#msg270716

[/quote
I know!!! I was going to ask the same thing...I can't be a normal person without 8-9 hours of sleep ::)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 10:53:47 pm »
Quote from: ZooCrew link=topic=22141.msg270716#msg270716

[/quote
I know!!! I was going to ask the same thing...I can't be a normal person without 8-9 hours of sleep ::)

Caffeine. LOTS and LOTS of caffeine. And adrenaline, and at this point, I have gotten used to it :) I snag naps whereever I can.

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets