Author Topic: Kai pics - her first week home!  (Read 4691 times)

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
Kai pics - her first week home!
« on: March 15, 2008, 12:39:41 am »
Kai has settled in great this week. We couldn't be more pleased with her and how she has fit in to the family. It's a lot of work with the puppy and all four kids, so I'm rehoming MY KIDS (ha ha) next week for spring break! My dad and step mom are taking the kids for almost the whole week so I get to be alone with my pups and, well, myself! An actual "vacation" for the stay at home mom! But, I digress...

This is about Kai, who is awesome. Tani has become very protective of her, and was very grouchy at the dog park today to any dog that came too close to Kai! She wasn't agressive, just vocal. It was kind of cute, but kind of not, because people thought she was one of those vicious dogs, y'know? But they had fun. Someone brought an enormous intact male pittie into the dog area, and when he started tearing it up with a boxer in a sort of almost unfriendly way, everyone forgot about Tani's "leave my sister alone" noises.

Kai is doing great with potty training, and responds really fast when I correct her for mouthing or jumping. She sleeps all night long in her crate without a peep, and she has gotten much, much better about playing rough with my 2 year old. Things are awesome!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

angelsmama

Re: Kai pics - her first week home!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 12:43:37 am »
aww she loves her sister.. such great pics  ;D

lookingfornewf

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 08:10:17 am »
Awwww, I'm glad she is doing well. She looks so sweet. :D

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 12:35:22 pm »
I love the pictures and am glad that Kai is adjusting so well.
On a side note, can I ship my 13 year old to your Dad and step-mom for a week? I swear if she rolls her eyes at me ONE MORE TIME...
Stella

LOL! My daughter is 8, and it's starting already, but I still have the authority power with her. One grounding and she's a different kid - at least until it happens again! My hubby still has to work, unfortunately, but we will be able to actually spend time together and relax. I'll miss my kids, but I am sooo excited to have a break!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 12:48:57 pm »
Glad she's settling in well, what a cutie :)
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 01:28:09 pm »
What a Cute-ums!!  I'm so glad that sh'e doing so well, and that Tani has taken to her so well!  I also just love that last pic, it looks like they both passed out from playing!   :D :D :D :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!