Author Topic: Ummm, I had a slight hair disaster.. Opinions?  (Read 6416 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Ummm, I had a slight hair disaster.. Opinions?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 12:57:22 pm »
My hairdresser cringes everytime I tell her I colored my hair. LOL She said the same thing about filling the blond first, but honestly I've went from blond to brown before with no problem. Is the 'fill' to prevent fading or just so you can achive the correct color?

Hair color fades fairly quickly on my hair so I usually have to redo it every 4-6 weeks. Although I generally wait quite a bit longer than that depending on what color it fades to. LOL

Your totally right, the fill is to prevent the color from fading. It adds color molecules in the hair shaft which helps prevent fading when you are going darker. As there are more molecules for the color to cling to. Hard to explain, hope it makes sense though.  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 02:21:21 pm »
i love crazy wacky hair. and yours doesnt look bad at all. I have had my hair crazy crazy crazy colors. Darcy has white with black hair right now, mine is a faded red/purple, damn those fading reds i tell ya lol
i like it. :)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Lyn

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 03:36:59 pm »
LOL Liz.. I wish I was 20. ;)

Well I sectioned my hair and put the ash brown over top..(I left the bottom red).. The brown didn't completely cover the red but it did tone it down quite a bit. My hair is still wet at the moment but NOW it looks like a chocolate cherry with no orange streaks! :D

Jo, I'm not comfortable in wild and wacky hair.. not anymore anyway. This color is still out of my comfort zone but so far I think I like it, once it drys I might change my mind. LOL

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 10:04:11 pm »
It looks good - you did a great job!  I wish I was brave enough to dye mine myself.  My red fades so fast I feel like I want new color every three weeks practically!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 12:12:49 am »
Honestly I liked the first bright red, but I also like the "fixed" hair color too.  I'm kinda a weird hair girl myself though, I like mine to be a really intense red on top and I've got the bottom jet black.  I'm in need of a visit to my colorist, but when I get it done again, I'll post for ya to see it.  :D

Either way, I think my original point was that I like your hair, and think that you did a good job on it.  lol  ::) :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Lyn

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 10:32:14 am »
LMAO Tina. My queen.. :P I'm in my 30's. ;) But I do stil get ID'd for booze and most recently buying a lottery ticket. LOL

Once my hair dried it did get lighter. Inside is looks dark brown.. outside and with the camera flash it shines red. You can see the difference in this pic. It's brighter where the flash hit.

I had to go get milk yesterday afternoon, noone stared at me oddly so it's must not look too insane. LOL