Author Topic: What do you think this means?  (Read 7729 times)

lins_saving_grace

What do you think this means?
« on: March 18, 2008, 10:39:42 pm »
My apartment manager sends out this newsletters and now I feel picked on.  read the last line of this pet waste paragraph and notice the picture on the right. 
Does this mean no one needs to worry about the "rott" because it's being nice now or because it's outta here at the end of next month because they aren't going to allow her?  I know this is a jab at me and Grace.   i almost want to call them and tell them to shut the h*ll up.  I am so looking for another place.  i always feel singled out.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think this means?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 10:42:26 pm »
Geez, that is one nasty letter!!! It doesn't matter who they address it to but those people know nothing about politics  :)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 10:44:23 pm »
i know.  they are all like this.  this is the first time i felt like i was at the end of a ruler or a pointy little finger.  i'm wondering if they are telling everyone not to worry about the rott since she's gone soon or if they are saying it in a good way since she's been so nice lately.  this place confuses me.  Hence, the search for a quiet place to start over.

Offline Rosalba

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Lucca at City park
    • View Profile
    • The Glovinsky Gallery of Contemporary Art
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 10:52:00 pm »
wow. don't people have common sense anymore... what happened to diplomacy? this just sounds ignorant and naggy  >:( I would be so out of there too... especially because I have THREE pets... oh noes  :o well, go you. I know you had a rough beginning of the year, but I like to think that maybe all the bad came first, and now everything will be amazing for you. I swear by this because my first week in college was h*ll, and then a secretary told me that -and it was true! the rest of my 4 years there was excellent. So now I like telling everyone the same, if only because it will make it a little more true  ;D
-Rosalba

owned by:
Frida (the Chihuahua)
Olive (the handsome devil of a cat)
Lucca (the Saint Bernard puppy)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 10:55:16 pm »
it is ignorant and naggy.  I'm really tired of being in the spotlight.  it's like they don't want to come out and say "Lin....you always pay us on time and your dog has gotten so much nicer lately, but please get the * * * * out since we feel obligated to insist you be made an example of."  they seem to need a reason to empty the place out and be operating at 1/4 capacity.  they are trying to get rid of people so they can send business elsewhere. 

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 12:30:46 am »
I think they just used whatever clip art they had in their computer and I don't think it had anything to do with Grace at all. I think it's good news for you since they are finally signaling out the owners that don't keep their dogs on a leash - like the little dogs that keep tormenting Grace on your walks.

Just keep being responsible and you have nothing to worry about. It's kinda hard to mistake Grace's "deposits" for those of the other dogs that may be left behind, right?
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 01:11:22 am »
I think it's a nasty letter all around, but I kinda have to agree with the last two posts.  I honestly don't think it was a personal jab at you or Grace, and that they really did just use whatever clip art they had in the computer.  Now as for diplomacy, they sure as heck could use some lessons in that, whoever wrote that letter needs to learn some tact.  Get yours and Graces butts outta there and into that nice little house you were talking about in your other post!  I can't wait to see some pictures of your great new home!  ;) :D :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline GreatPyr

• Leader of the Pack
  • Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 12:43:48 pm »
That is a terrible letter/notice..and very unprofessional ..If I were you I would find somewhere else to live,I wouldnt want to live under those conditions.
So sorry you are having to :(  and it does seem like they are talking about your rotti.
Max-3 Year old Golden/Lab cross
Buddy-8 Year old English Cocker Spaniel
Bear-4 month old Great Pyrenees
Tigger-barn kitty
Shiloh-9 year old Painthorse

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 03:28:53 pm »
Very poorly written letter....Make s little sense at the end. Honestly though neither dog looks like a Rott to me the bottom dog appears to have cropped ears.
I would say as long as you are not one who is violating the policies you should be fine.

Offline Astrid282

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 11:00:17 pm »
It's nasty and undiplomatic, no doubt, but like some of the others, I don't think they were pointing a finger at you personally. If you have the ability, I'd get out of such a non-dog friendly environment. I have a rottie/mix myself and am always feeling paranoid. (I've gotta change that feeling)

Astrid

http://web.mac.com/dogsrocknc/Astrid_Nicole/All_About_Me.html

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 11:36:19 pm »
Hi,

I agree poor letter but not directed at you and grace. Unfortunately it is difficult to read just about anything and not think it is directed at "you". We read in the first person when we should be reading in the third person.

I find that really helps me not get so "worked up" when reading a forum post or bulk mail piece.

Try it some time Read a note or post like it is addressed to you, then re-read like it was addressed to someone else!! You get a totally different interpretation and feeling.

Rich
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad