Author Topic: Park for Nuwfies in Minnesota?  (Read 2789 times)

Offline lenas mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Park for Nuwfies in Minnesota?
« on: March 19, 2008, 03:42:03 pm »
Does anyone know of a play park for newfoundlands in Minnesota?  We live out in the country but I nolonger do daycare and Lenas looking for some excitment.  But she really needs to be with big dogs, she doesn't know she's as big as she is!
Thanks

marypyrs

Re: Park for Nuwfies in Minnesota?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 03:48:23 pm »
Hey There! I'm in Minnesota. North Shore in Clover Valley. Are you any where close?

Jane

Offline lenas mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 06:27:06 pm »
I'm in the north metro area.  Sorry but I think your a little to far away!  Thanks anyway.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 06:41:17 pm »
I don't know about a park specifically for newfies, but there are a number of parks around the Minneapolis area.  Less near St. Paul though.  Most require permits to use them, so you will have to research where you want to go.

Check out this website, the dog parks are listed about halfway down the page:
http://www.dogfriendly.com/server/travel/uscities/guides/us/cities/usonlinecityMNMinneapolis_-_St_Paul.shtml

When I lived there I went to the Alimagnet park.  Several have large and small dog areas.  Most people though are fine with large and small dogs intermigling despite the big guys not knowing their own size.  :)

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 09:33:40 pm »
Your best bet is Saturday's @ 10:00 AM at the Lake of the Isles Dog Park.  THe Great Dane Owners get together at that time.  They welcome any breed (of course) but it is a great opportunity to get some quality big dog play time.  The park (which is closest to my house) is proably one of the lamer ones in terms of square footage but que sera sera...
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet