Author Topic: What will you always remember about your dog?  (Read 6007 times)

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
What will you always remember about your dog?
« on: August 02, 2005, 01:29:52 pm »
With our newfy Bear I'm positive no other dog will mean as much to us as Bear will. Some of the moments we'll never forget are the new moments and experiences we shared together (new for him.) For instance the first time he experience fireworks - he was so scared at first with the big booms but he trusted us so much for comfort  - he started squirming around and immediately faced us and sat down. He looked up at us as if asking "are we going to be alright?" He was sitting there tense and shaking a little but as soon as we assured him it was "O.K." he immediately calmed down and began enjoying himself. The first time he was sick (he had tried a fuel/oil mixture for the weed eater) he had the same look in his eyes begging us for help and assurance. There are so many times he looks to us for some sort of guidance. And this trust has always been recriprical whereas in times where he thought WE might be worried, HE would go out of his way to  show us that HE was as confident as ever and could handle the situation. From questionable people (who we've always agreed with) and animals, to cliffs and strong currents. Something about him has always made him our second half (or third?) :)

Michael~

lins_saving_grace

Re: What will you always remember about your dog?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 01:49:46 pm »
 :'(

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 02:06:55 pm »
I thought you named your dog Kismit! 
There's that Krap again.

:)  don't shut up...not at all.  I just miss little Kaiser.

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 05:30:21 pm »
Our St Bernard recently passed.  :-[ I remember Clyde and Tyler playing in the sand box together. Tyler would try to dig a road with his Tonka trucks and Clyde would be right next to him digging away with his paws going 50 miles an hour with his butt in the air. Later it was the two of them swimming in the pool together. ;D. When it would storm Clyde was scared and would pant until ty would take him into his room and sing songs to him. Clyde was the best
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 05:39:11 pm »
One thing I will always remember about Rosie, is that the top of her head smelled like vanilla.  There are a ton of other memories but when I close my eyes to be close to her I smell vanilla.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 09:03:08 pm »
One thing I will always remember about Rosie, is that the top of her head smelled like vanilla.  There are a ton of other memories but when I close my eyes to be close to her I smell vanilla.

Lisa

That made me cry... 
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 09:07:31 pm »
It made me cry when I was typing it.  Sorry.

Lisa

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 09:22:01 pm »
It made me cry when I was typing it.  Sorry.

Lisa

Aww, Lisa, don't be sorry...  You gotta cry about stuff like that...  It made me cry in a "That is a beautiful, touching thing" way, not a bad way...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 09:29:56 pm »
I lost her a year ago last week so for the past few weeks something makes me cry everyday.  At least I have Sugar Bear and Dixie Darlin to come check on Mommy when she crys.

Lisa

Offline Khiori

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • SoloDancer
    • View Profile
    • Solitude
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 09:32:47 pm »
omg, I'm crying over the vanilla memory.  That's incredible.

For my Khiori-angel.  I will always remember teaching her how to swim and how seriously she took it.  She just loved that.  And teaching her how to pick blackberries.  She and I would race around trying to get all the good ones before the other. I miss her terribly.  She only lived to be 2.5 years old and has been gone longer than she was alive.  But she left an indelible mark on my heart.

Solo - I will always remember him loving CARROTS!!  Nut doggie.  He loves his veggies!  Oh and his bounces.  He constantly bounces hee hee  But mostly, I'll remember how he took care of Khiori when she would have seizures.  So gentle with her.

Leo - the first night he came here after he was dropped off by the rescue group.  They left him with some stuffed toys, a couple baggies of homemade doggie biscuits and lots and lots of tears.  That first night I found him wandering with a baggie of the biscuits and he brought them to me like "Can I have one?"  What a sweet sweet boy.  He slept that night with his head on his stuffed elephant's body.  My little freckled boy, Leo.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 10:36:28 pm »
My dogs are both still young &, God willing, I will spend many more years enjoying their company but I know for a fact that I will always remember Samson as a scared pup who I would not give up on...I will always remember that he trusted me enough to struggle with me to overcome his fears...Samson showed me the meaning of unconditional love & trust...He will forever be my hero!...My little Pippin, what can I say?...I know he will always be remembered as a happy go lucky pup who looks into my eyes with such a sweet trust...He is now & will always be remembered as a sweet soul who helped to teach me a lesson in acceptance & realizing that the gifts that god gives us are not always the ones we choose...He will always be my little smile in fur.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 10:41:03 pm by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Offline Saljen

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Rosie with icy whiskers
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2005, 10:38:11 pm »
these have been very lovely posts...
SO many things i will always remember about every dog i've had. the thing that will mean the most to me, i know, has to do with my two girls i have now. i've been more involved with these two than any other dogs. i raised them, trained them, take care of them, and have them with me almost constantly. because of that, what i will remember most is the BOND we share. its incredible. Lucy stays near me at all times. sometimes she walks with me, staying right at my side, matching her light little steps right to mine. if she backs off tho, she almost always has to be in the same room with me. she's part austrailan cattle dog and i feel VERY protected by her. at the same time, i feel as tho she is always looking to me to lead. its a very intense relationship. Rosie is more the clown, as well as needing a little more of her own space, but she still checks in with me throughout the day regularly, sometimes for reassurance or leadership, often just for plain old attention. with both dogs, there is this real EASE at which we seem to read each other, and with how we intertwine with each other thruout the day. the most touching of these times is when they will always come to me if i am upset, even if they have to find me and even if i'm not really showing it, and stay with and console me until i feel better. they just feel like such a part of me that i can't even imagine them being gone. when they are tho, i think what image of them i will remember the most is the pure love in their eyes.

and just to illustrate my point, Lucy has come and layed down on my feet as i'm typing this, leaning her head up on my legs...

(jeez, i hope i didn't get too sappy here!)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 07:25:41 am »
(jeez, i hope i didn't get too sappy here!)

I love the story,  give my sappy anytime.