Author Topic: Poor mr. Titan  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Poor mr. Titan
« on: March 22, 2008, 11:36:46 am »
We went for a walk today at a reservation. As you walk down the trails there is water on the left side. Titan was at one of the water stops, kinda sketchy looking at the water (first time with pond type water)  He saw my other pup jazmine licking the water so he went full force into the water....but.. .there was a shelf in the water, and then a drop off 4 feet about...so he stepped to far, and SPLASH!!!!! Titan went full force into the water, head under the water, he didn't panic, but i do believe we will have a hard time getting him to swim again!!!!! I did not make a big deal out of it...(although i wanted to) the poor thing didn't know what to do with himself...he just got out of the water rather gracefully (the only time he was graceful).  He shook it off and we continued our walk.  Hopefully this wasn't too tramatic for him...   :-\  although it was funny as all  ;D

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Poor mr. Titan
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 12:29:10 pm »
AW! Poor Titan!! That reminds me of when Rocko was a puppy. We took him for a walk and stopped at the pool by the apartments near out house. Rocko walked up to the water, looked at it, then walked right into the deep end. **SPLOOSH**!!

Luckily, he was on a leash so it was easy to pull him out and as he sunk like a rock. It didn't scare him off water, though - he still loves splashing into water any time he gets a chance.

I bet Titan will feel the same way.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Poor mr. Titan
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 04:43:16 pm »
we went by a beach today that allows dogs, and he wouldn't even get near the sand.  He stayed 30 feet away from me and the beach.  I am DOOMED... i can't wait until it is warmer to get him over this little hump......