Author Topic: Pics of Beau & Luke (more pics added)  (Read 9451 times)

Offline mastiffmomoftwo

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Pics of Beau & Luke (more pics added)
« on: March 22, 2008, 01:35:07 pm »
My brindle mastiff is Beau.  He is a 2 year old neutered male and weighs in at 205 pds.  He still thinks he's a puppy sometimes and has the zoomies around the house or yard.  He's a great sleeper as well.  We have had him since he was 8 weeks old, and although he was a very good pup, I don't think I ever want to do the puppy thing again!  These guys tend to be land sharks, and at times I was very frustrated.  He is mellowing out all the time, and getting him another companion has really helped.

My second Mastiff is Luke.  He is a neutered fawn. We got him end of July 07.
He is 7 years old and a sweetie.  Poor guy has always had skin issues as well as recurring ear infections.  He is also cowhocked which is probably  from poor nutrition while he was growing up.  He is 160 pounds and the best dog we have ever had.  After an evaluation with my homeopath, I am pleased to say that Luke has had no skin or ear issues while with us.
I can't say enough about the people that do rescue, because their evaluation of him was spot on.  He has some issues with strange men, and if they are wearing hats, look out!!!!! :o
I take both my boys everywhere with me, so he has gotten much better with meeting new people.  A couple of times a month we  get together with a large dog walking group in the next city from me (about an hour's drive) and he has met well over 30 giant and large breed dogs and their owners.  He is my shadow.

As you can see he has great wrinkle!

The boys are best friends  ;D
They play together all the time, and when Beau is a little too enthusiastic, Luke tells him so!!!
By the way, Luke came with his name, we did not name him.
So people tell me all the time that it must have been karma!

Hope you enjoyed the pictures and the long story.

Chris
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 11:27:57 pm by mastiffmomoftwo »
Chris

(Beau & Luke's Mom)

marypyrs

Re: Pics of Beau & Luke
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 02:05:37 pm »
Your Boys are beautiful Chris!  :-* The pictures and background stories are great! Keep the pics coming & I'm sure you must have tons of 'tails' to tell.  ;)

Welcome! I'm Jane. Mom to Rainbow & Whsper.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 03:27:23 pm »
Well, you are a BPO natural! Love the pictures and the history. I can't wait to see more!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lorim2

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 09:35:10 pm »
Wow...what handsome guys you have.  Welcome and so glad we have more mastiffs!  I am Lori...mom to many but its Marley in my avatar.  You will love it here and dont hesitate to post as many pics as you like...I cant get enough!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 12:36:09 am »
Such beauties!!!
Welcome to BPO!

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 08:57:54 am »
Beau and Luke are absolutely gorgeous. I love the wrinkles and the story, I love to hear about rescues! I adopted Tipper from a local shelter at age 2 yrs and Jenny from a rescue group also at 2 yrs old this past October. (I can't do the puppy thing myself!) So glad you found this site, but be careful, it's addictive!  ;D
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 04:37:46 pm »
They are beautiful!!!!  I love the wrinkles, he looks like he's contemplating!!  And the names....how cool is that!!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline mastiffmomoftwo

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Pics of Beau & Luke (more pics added)
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 11:23:26 pm »
Thanks everyone.
We think they are pretty special!
I wasn't fussy about the puppy stage though! :o
So more senior rescues for us!!
Don't know how anyone could give Luke away.  I know his mom came on hard times, and only wanted what was best for him, so it's good that there are rescues out there, as well as shelters.

Luke is very much my dog.  When I go to the big city for shopping (mostly for the boys, not for me) Luke won't even go for walks with my husband.  He sits on the driveway and won't move. 
I think I have some older pics to post.

Baby Beau  (he was sooooo cute as a child)

Beau and his Egge

I'm tired mom

Must be fall

smooshy face

Chris

(Beau & Luke's Mom)

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 06:30:54 pm »
AWWWWW........ so cute!  My hubs asked what I thought about doing rescue after Gunner gets alittle older.
I am very interested,  I think we may even try fostering for a rescue group for a bit.
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 10:43:12 pm »
What gorgeous pups!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 10:45:26 pm »
Those boys are gorgeous.  I love the smooshy face pic.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 09:07:17 am »
Oh My Goodness, your boys are very handsome and lucky to have found eachother...no w all you need is to add a Daisy and the Dukes will be complete. ;) I love all the pics and you couldn't be more true about rescue groups they are an awesome bunch of very hard working people. LOVE the fall pic heeheehee we have that trouble here as well but it doesn't really matter what time or year or day something is always 'saved' for later  ;D I'm Kim ~ mama to Miss Libby who is now 6yrs, a new spit fire Stormy, and a crazy Siamese. Welcome I hope to see many more pocs of your handsome boys.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 10:11:01 am »
They are both beautiful!!!! You can post lots more pics and I wouldn't get sick of looking at them.

Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie