Author Topic: Bubba is next in line to be 'tutored' Tomorrow is the day!  (Read 4460 times)

Lyn

Bubba is next in line to be 'tutored' Tomorrow is the day!
« on: March 23, 2008, 10:38:01 am »
Poor Bubba is getting tutored, having his rear dewclaws removed (he's caught them twice and ripped them completely out) and getting his nails cut short. I've been trying for months to get the quick to recede in nails with no luck.

We had an appointment booked for April 3rd to 'tutor' Bubba but I got a call from the tech (a family friend) this morning that they overbooked that day so they want to move his appointment up. She's going to call me tomorrow with the 'date'.  :D

We decided against spaying Lola at the same time since Mongo will need someone to terrorize, I mean play with so Bubba can recover in peace.  ;) :D I'm going to make her appointment for 2 weeks after Bubba's.

I've been trying not to think about it since I thought we had until April 3rd. I'm a high stress person and I will be a stressbag from now up until they call and say that everything went fine and he's fine. I know I don't even have the date yet and look at me already. :P
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 06:04:09 pm by Lyn »

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Bubba is next in line to be 'tutored'
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 10:57:28 am »
I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH!
Titans big day is tomorrow and I AM FREAKING OUT!
I dont like the thought of restaining him or him spending the night away from me....he HATES the vet it SOOOO hard to get him through the front door.
How old is your guy?

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 11:13:24 am »
He's 3 years old, so this is long overdue. He was suppose to be done at 2 years old but everytime I booked Bubba's appointment hubby would cancel it or spend the money I put aside for the neuter.  >:( So I made it a condition on getting Mongo that Bubba and Lola both get fixed.  ;D

Lyn

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 11:29:58 am »
Your right, there are so many positives. No more heats, howling and hormones. It's just the anesthetic part that freaks me out. Doesn't help that I had a cat pass away during a 'routine' spay. While what happened to her was a fluke it's still right there in the front of my mind whenever anesthetic is mentioned. :(

chaosndestruction

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 02:11:39 pm »
Awww Lyn I'm sure everything will be just fine! Another upside to getting "tutored" is that males usually keep weight on better afterwards:) (I know you've had your share of problems with Bubba and his weight) So yay for the plus sides of tutoring!

Lyn

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 05:03:04 pm »
I just got the call... I thought my vet was closed today. ??? But anyway they pushed us up one day early. LMAO Here I am thinking it's going to be this week. ::) *sigh of relief* :D

So he's scheduled for April 2nd. He said he may not remove Bubba's rear dewclaws. He said it's very painful to have it done at his age. So he'll decide once he has him under and see's how firmly they are attached. If he doesn't remove them he said he'll trim those nails as short as possible so they won't be catching on anything and I'll have keep them short.  :-\

He needs to be there by 8-8:30am and I can pick him up by 3pm. If he removes the dewclaws we are looking at $280 which is waaaaay less than I expected it to be.  :o I so love my vet. LOL

So my next panic attack will begin on April 1st.  :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 05:05:05 pm by Lyn »

Lyn

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 05:27:32 pm »
Yup $280 for the whole thing. I was expecting it to cost about $500. LOL

Oh yeah the swelling. Ouch! :( I just had the mental image of a football stuffed between his legs.. OMG LOL Did they give Atti any pain meds? Honestly Bubba has a little 'package' LOL.. so maybe the swelling won't be that bad? I know he's more than likely going to need to wear the cone since he's a licker.

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 09:14:14 am »
Hugs. He'll be just fine.

When I had my last go in it was just 120 for the job plus 2 teeth pulled. 280 is ouch to me. 700 is outrageous!
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Lyn

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 11:04:16 am »
Hubby and I had been talking about the neuter since he got home from work yesterday. Where to put his bed so Lola and Mongo are out of his hair etc..

Now this morning Bubba is pouting like he's mad at me. LOL If I say the words "neutered" or "tutored" he will avoid eye contact and turn his head. LOL How the heck does he know what neutered means.. Maybe's he's been talking with Branni and Atti. :P 

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 12:18:09 pm »
I remember feeling that feeling you're feeling now not too long ago. I was a nervous wreck the whole day Miles was at the vet. I took off work that day, and I think that was sort of a bad move on my part. I had more time on my hands to worry!!! But everything turned out just fine! And no matter how many times people tell you that, I know you will not feel comfortable until you get that phone call on April 2nd letting you know everything went well.
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Lyn

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 06:01:13 pm »
Tomorrow is the day for the 'tutor'. I'm getting nervous. :(

We have decided to keep the dewclaws so I'm just getting all his nails trimmed short.