Author Topic: So tired of being charged by loose dogs!!!  (Read 3856 times)

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
So tired of being charged by loose dogs!!!
« on: March 25, 2008, 08:09:47 pm »
I walk my two dogs daily and it seems like at least once a week we are charged by some dog that has gotten loose from its yard or away from its owner. Now, I'm not scared of dogs, but it does cause my heart to skip a beat, especially if I don't know the dog's intentions. Tipper is very submissive and always ready to play, but if scared will hide behind my legs  ::), now Jenny is not particularly dominant, but certainly not submissive either. So far, she has tolerated dogs running up to us, but I did notice yesterday when a husky/shepherd mix was running up to us that she moved lightening quick to position herself between the dog and me. Kinda neat to see her do this, but I am so sick and tired of dogs running up to us.

The week before a woman was outside in her front yard with her viszla (sp?) who was loose and as we walked by on the public sidewalk her dog came up to my dogs, and then she says to me, "don't let your dogs near her, she bites." What??!! Why is your dog that is prone to biting loose in your front yard??!! Aaarrggghhhh!  >:(
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: So tired of being charged by loose dogs!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 08:13:50 pm »
Yep, there are plenty of dumb people out there! >:(
Fortunately where I live we don't have any unleashed dogs because the area is too populated and busy roads are everywhere!
I can't imagine controlling two dogs walking while being harassed by off leashed pups >:( too much!!!
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: So tired of being charged by loose dogs!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 08:53:14 pm »
Yep, there are plenty of dumb people out there! >:(
Fortunately where I live we don't have any unleashed dogs because the area is too populated and busy roads are everywhere!
I can't imagine controlling two dogs walking while being harassed by off leashed pups >:( too much!!!

The crazy thing is I live in a fairly large suburb with a very busy 4 lane street nearby!! People are so stupid sometimes!  >:(
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven