Author Topic: Titan and the BIG Neuter - ** Update ***  (Read 4194 times)

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Titan and the BIG Neuter - ** Update ***
« on: March 24, 2008, 10:38:10 am »
So today is the big day...
I spoke with my Vet on the phone last night and she assured me that everything would be fine. She explained the WHOLE procedure to me from start to finsih in inccredible detail. She told me that we have pets for a reason...they are part of our family and we love them soooo much its only natural to have questions concerns and to be a whole bunch nervous! So that made me feel really well... she understood where we were comming from. She also knows I am a nervouse reck when if comes to my baby. She told me what drugs they use and that sometimes people have opinions but they dont ever relate to your dog; every dog is different, she told me that the drugs they use are very common and they start an IV with EVERY procedure done in her office so "IN CASE" there is a problem they can administer medication quickly. That also made me feel good. So all in all except for the mornings episode i think its going to ok.
This morning... Titan not wanting to go into the vet office, he was shaking and then by the time we did get in there he peeed on the floor... we stayed with him for about 1/2 hour I sat on the floor and played for a bit and then the nurse came over and slipped out the door...he just looked out the window with those BIG brown eyes and was like "dont leave me I love you" I kinda teared up  :'(...GOD I am such a baby... anyways they are making a "special" phone call to me as soon as the surgery is done and then another one once he is settled into recovery with all the post op instructions.
Thanks again EVERYONE for all the kind words you have really put my mind at ease... I am just trying not think about it :)
I will probably update again this afternoon when we know how hes doing.  :P Weather you want to know or not LOL  ;D

Lyn

Re: Titan and the BIG Neuter - ** Update ***
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 10:46:10 am »
I'm sure Titan is in good hands and he'll be ecstatic to see you when you pick him up.

I'm sharing your anxiety since I'll be going through this too soon. ;) I'm imagine we are going to get the same response from Bubba since I've never left him anywhere. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. LOL

lorim2

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 10:49:53 am »
I am sure Titan will be fine.  Sounds like he is in real good hands.  We all love our babies and know exactly what your going through so dont apologize.  I will be waiting for the update.  Until then, Marley said hes sending you a great big slobbery wet kiss!!

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 10:52:05 am »
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!  :-*

lorim2

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 08:49:00 pm »
Just wondering if you heard anything  yet?  Let us know...

Offline Mainebernese

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 08:06:19 am »
I'd love to hear an update on Titan.  I am actually bringing Cooper to be neutered tomorrow morning and I have the idential feelings that you did!  My on;y difference is that Cooper is 6 months old.  I am worried that it may be too soon and that it might stunt his growth.  He also does not hump and is not aggressive at all.  He does however sometimes just take off on us when we bring him outside (we live in the woods).  It takes us usually about 45 to an hour to find him...he just takes off through the woods to our neighbors houses and will not come when we call him (or even for treats).  I have talked to some friends who have had very well behaved male dogs of theirs do the same thing before they were neutered. 

I am planning on talking to the vet tomorrow morning about the whole operation and such as well.  I am going to have the hardest time dropping him off tomorrow...I know he is going to give me those sad eyes and make me cry when I have to leave him there.   :'( 

Kaitlen

Cooper ~ 1 year old Bernese Mountain Dog
Coda (aka ruler of the household) ~ 5 year old, chubby grumpy, male cat
Ava (sister to the ruler) ~ 5 year old petite angel, female cat

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 12:44:30 pm »
Hi guys!!
Well all is well with our babe!
He was a perfect gentlmen the vet said.
Nothing went wrong he had his manhood removed  ::) his hernia fixed and a biopsy on some of his hives...just make sure they were hives.
So he is one sore pup but lots of loves treats and some good needed rest he will be back up and running in no time! I am sure the running will come before he's supposed to but thank GOD for bullies!
So thats the update on Titan as all is well in the house we have in back and he is resting comfortably. I have choosen not to but the cone head on him untill its a problem... he just seems more tired than anything... I think he just wants to settle in on his BIG comfy bed and nap it out!
Thanks again all for all your support and kind kind words...we will update again shorlty.
I am lucky enough to have the rest of the week off....so movies and veging out is in high order!
Funny thing.... this morning I missed him soooo much I was 1/2 hour late for work....he normally wakes me up at 6 and I didnt get up untill 7 ooppps...  ;D
Thanks again.... :-*

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 12:51:15 pm »
I'd love to hear an update on Titan.  I am actually bringing Cooper to be neutered tomorrow morning and I have the idential feelings that you did!  My on;y difference is that Cooper is 6 months old.  I am worried that it may be too soon and that it might stunt his growth.  He also does not hump and is not aggressive at all.  He does however sometimes just take off on us when we bring him outside (we live in the woods).  It takes us usually about 45 to an hour to find him...he just takes off through the woods to our neighbors houses and will not come when we call him (or even for treats).  I have talked to some friends who have had very well behaved male dogs of theirs do the same thing before they were neutered. 

I am planning on talking to the vet tomorrow morning about the whole operation and such as well.  I am going to have the hardest time dropping him off tomorrow...I know he is going to give me those sad eyes and make me cry when I have to leave him there.   :'( 

Hi.... dont worry...its hard to say that you WILL worry its natural. You just love them soooo much and dont want anything bad to happin but the min he saw me walk through that door it was like i had come to his rescue! I was a great moment! TALK TALK TALK to your vet is REALLY helped me understand the whole proceedure and what was going to happin to him. I think knowing all that information (some of the info i did NOT understand) but it still made me feel better; really put my mind at ease. Ask as many questions as you want what are the drugs; how long is recovery anything to open the door to discussion! I still thought about him ALL day yesturday but he was fine and he will recover fine to (hoping)
Good Luck to you and try not to worry.. I know it will be hard... BIG hugs and kisses to you and Cooper! And keep us posted on hows hes doing too....  :-* ;D
PS your guys are TOOOO cute for words!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 12:53:32 pm by Apreston »

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 12:55:44 pm »
Glad to hear all went well!
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet

lorim2

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 01:11:15 pm »
Yay Titan...I am so glad its all over and he is at home and resting.  Now you guys can rest easy!  Give him a big hug from us!!