Author Topic: large breed dogs for adoption  (Read 21432 times)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Re: large breed dogs for adoption
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 10:15:50 pm »
Oh my gosh. You guys are so wonderful. I pray that you guys can save this guy. Thank you so much. If there is anything I can do let me know. I wish I lived near Arkansas.... I just pray they give this guy a little more time.
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 02:58:24 am »
I've got everything crossable here crossed.  Hoping that you guys can save this boy!  Please keep us updated.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 08:39:35 am »
I can take him-I need everyones help though with calling the shelter and getting him a reprieve and then we will have to get him to me- but I can take him- I have been working on this for hours and have fosters lined up- Can you guys please help with the calls to the shelter? I can not drive there this weekend though- I will be out of town- Lets see what they can do to help us. Please PM me if we are successful at this.
Paige

Gemz

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 09:02:16 am »
I wish I could help, but I'm a bit far away.

Just wanted to say I think everyone here is wonderful, and I hope everything works out ok for this guy.

you are my heroes!

marypyrs

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 09:20:01 am »
Here's the update Guys! He's safe & they'll hold him. DeDe was GREAT! She says he's the Sweetest Boy you could ever immagine. Paige is working on the "How" right now. She's a Miricle Worker 'ya know.  :-* Thanks for all the good wishes & calls to the ac. Marie. Thanks!! We'll keep you all updated.

There's another one there too. A very young and extreemly sweet pure white Husky with blue eyes. We'll see what can be done for this boy too.

Jane

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 09:24:57 am »
YAY!!! You ladies are SOOOOO GREAT!!! :-* :-* :-*
I hope everything goes really well and both pups can get the heck out of there ;D
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 09:25:27 am »
Here's the update Guys! He's safe & they'll hold him. DeDe was GREAT! She says he's the Sweetest Boy you could ever immagine. Paige is working on the "How" right now. She's a Miricle Worker 'ya know.  :-* Thanks for all the good wishes & calls to the ac. Marie. Thanks!! We'll keep you all updated.

There's another one there too. A very young and extreemly sweet pure white Husky with blue eyes. We'll see what can be done for this boy too.

Jane

You guys are so amazing! I'm so glad to hear this update and that they'll hold him.  :-* :-* :-*
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 09:40:08 am »
The thought of this pyr being PTS just because he's a big paw...  Heartbreaking.  But now he's got a second chance because of all of your efforts!  You all are heroes for saving him!  And thanks to DeDe for getting the ball rolling! You guys are amazing.  If you ever need any help up in the Michigan/Ohio area, I would love to be involved. It must be so satisfying to know you are truly saving a life!   ;D

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 10:03:07 am »
WOW. Awesome.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 10:23:56 am »
Oh my gosh. I thank you guys so much. We've got a wonderful group of people here on this board.
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

marypyrs

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 10:53:05 am »
I put some calls out to Husky Rescue. Had some problems with valid emails & Phone #'s for Regional so I've contacted National. Just waiting now to hear back. Anyone have connections with Husky Rescue?

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 03:02:19 pm »
I have Sibe and Mal connections, contacting now. I am waiting for responses. My contacts are here but I am sure can get someone there, if you have any other info please pm or email me.

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 09:41:16 pm »
I guess that I am going to have to make a road trip to Arkansas- its going to be an all day trip but thats ok- I will pull the husky but would have to be just pulling and transporting- I am really out on a limb on the Pyr but I have that worked out- Its really probably going to be a good thing for the Pyr, I will give you guys details on that later- I dont want to jinx anything but there is a special little boy with special needs that this Pyr is going to hopefully be a key part of his life and soon. Cross your fingers that everything falls in place- if not I have another placement for the Pyr....

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 09:10:34 am »
Please let me know when you pull the Husky, as of right now there is not a husky rescue for Arkansas unless they are not listed. I am waiting to hear from a resuce here to see if they can have him transported for their program.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2008, 07:14:03 pm »
Any updates on the pups?

Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)