Author Topic: Saint Bernard St. Bernard[Mix] OHIO, Rescue needed immediatly  (Read 26608 times)

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile

Slated to be PTS tomorrow morning at 9am. Anybody in Carroll county that can help? I'll be happy to pay the 15 dollar pull fee.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10520156

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Bernard St. Bernard[Mix] OHIO, Rescue needed immediatly
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 02:22:22 pm »
I could possibly help with transportation (I'm roughly 3 hours from Akron), but I don't have anywhere to keep him.  Don't know how my guys would react to a strange, shy male in the house.  Gosh, he's beautiful though.  Can anyone else help?

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 02:42:10 pm »
OMG he is so cute!!! I think he has Pyr in him ???
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

marypyrs

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 02:54:25 pm »
My hands are really full right now.  :-\ Has anyone contacted SaveOurSaints yet that you know of? He does look like there might be Pyr in the mix. Sweeet looking fellow.

This is the Season isn't it? They like them when they're little & then just let them run and don't give a darn. STUPID PEOPLE!!!!  >:( Gurrrrrr!!!!

I have to make a quick run into town but I'll see if I can reach somebody when I get back. Anyone else have any ideas?

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 03:07:38 pm »
Thanks everybody. I knew if he could be saved it would be from here. I can't take him either but like I said, if it just the pull fee, I'll be happy to pay that to save him. He is just so beautiful.

marypyrs

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 05:35:15 pm »
I'm back from town now but I made the call to the shelter before leaving home. Called twice & I got the voice mail so I left a message. They open at 7:00AM. I'll call again in the morning and do some more searching tonight. Looks as though he'll have to be in isolation for a while to make sure he's in good health judging by the information on the site.

Jane

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 07:32:03 pm »
I'm back from town now but I made the call to the shelter before leaving home. Called twice & I got the voice mail so I left a message. They open at 7:00AM. I'll call again in the morning and do some more searching tonight. Looks as though he'll have to be in isolation for a while to make sure he's in good health judging by the information on the site.

Jane

Thank you. It says he walked up to a child which is how they finally caught him. He just looks so sweet.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 01:17:01 am »
Oh my goodness!  The look on his face just makes me want to cry. 

Jane, I just e-mailed you, but it's after 10pm PT so I'm sure that you're asleep but if there is anything that I can do, please let me know.  Do you know if they are going to hold him a little longer than 9AM tomorrow??   :'( 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 01:40:09 am »
Jane & Tazz!  If someone can pull him, we will take him I'm serious, I just talked to my husband and he is fully behind me on this.  We've been talking about adding someone to the family for awhile, but with health problems & all we've waited but with 5 humans in the family to help out we can handle another pup & this boy just looks like he needs to be part of our pack.  If there is another safe place for him that's closer, that's fine but otherwise we'd love to have him.  It sounds like he loves boys & we have 3 of them.   ;)  ;D  We're in the NW, but as soon as he can travel, we can have him flown to us.  Can someone please help us get him out of the shelter in time??  It's late here now, but I'll try to leave a message at the shelter asking for more time for him.  Please PM or e-mail me at:

pyrfectworld@yahoo.com

Thank you!
Marie

Modified to add:  Jane, I just e-mailed our info to you.  Please call me as early as you like if you have some ideas!  Also, I just left a message for the shelter.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 02:03:54 am by GoldenPyrs »
Marie

And my pups:

angelsmama

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 02:04:29 am »
oh i hope so bad he can be saved... :'(

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 06:20:15 am »
Jane & Tazz!  If someone can pull him, we will take him I'm serious, I just talked to my husband and he is fully behind me on this.  We've been talking about adding someone to the family for awhile, but with health problems & all we've waited but with 5 humans in the family to help out we can handle another pup & this boy just looks like he needs to be part of our pack.  If there is another safe place for him that's closer, that's fine but otherwise we'd love to have him.  It sounds like he loves boys & we have 3 of them.   ;)  ;D  We're in the NW, but as soon as he can travel, we can have him flown to us.  Can someone please help us get him out of the shelter in time??  It's late here now, but I'll try to leave a message at the shelter asking for more time for him.  Please PM or e-mail me at:

pyrfectworld@yahoo.com

Thank you!
Marie

Modified to add:  Jane, I just e-mailed our info to you.  Please call me as early as you like if you have some ideas!  Also, I just left a message for the shelter.

THANK YOU!! The most I can do from where I am is offer to pay the pull fee. It looks like Jane has a handle on things and hopefully she can get there before anything awful happens.
This guy has been on my mind all night for some reason.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 08:30:44 am »

pyrfectworld@yahoo.com

Thank you!
Marie

THANK YOU!! The most I can do from where I am is offer to pay the pull fee. It looks like Jane has a handle on things and hopefully she can get there before anything awful happens.
This guy has been on my mind all night for some reason.

Thanks Tazz.  I haven't heard anything, but I couldn't sleep (it's 5:30AM here), so I just called the shelter.  The man said that they've received a number of calls about this boy and that he won't be put to sleep at 9AM ET after all.  He said that he doesn't know exactly who is going to pull him yet or where he is going to go, but that they have received other calls from out of state.  It sounds like he is going to be ok for now anyway, but he still has to get out of there soon as they are short on room.  I'll feel much better if/when I know for sure that he's out of there and either safely in a home, rescue or on his way to us, however it turns out.  Until then I'm a bit of a nervous wreck.  If I haven't heard from Jane by then, I'll call the shelter back again in a few hours.
Marie

And my pups:

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 08:42:21 am »
Wonderful news for this guy! Thanks for letting us know.

marypyrs

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 08:45:07 am »
I just talked to them a bit ago. He's safe. Waiting to hear back from "the Girls" whom he said are handleing this fellow. So I'm trying to reach them now & will let you know. Marie I'll pm you.

Jane

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 08:52:32 am »
Oh Marie! It would be so great if this great looking pup could join your family :) I hope everything will work out :-*
And because they couldn't catch him makes him Pyr ;)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 08:53:10 am by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)