Author Topic: The birds went outside yesterday(pics)  (Read 3422 times)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
The birds went outside yesterday(pics)
« on: March 27, 2008, 09:12:14 am »
Thought you all might enjoy this- I took the macaws outside for a couple hours of sunworship yesterday. I pretty much stayed hunkered in the shade and had a beer and read a book, but they had fun soaking up all the rays. It was about 75 here. Milo, my female blue and  gold, is a lunatic and ran all over the deck and up and down everything and chased the boys and laughed and rolled around on her back and tried to steal my doritos.

Anyway, enjoy!

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

lorim2

Re: The birds went outside yesterday(pics)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 09:25:07 am »
What great pics!  I love birds and yours are just beautiful!  I hope someday to have a cockatoo but until I can afford one or one just drops in my lap I will just keep wishing and looking at your pretty babies!!

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 10:21:20 am »
Good for you! Convincing yourself to get a second macaw is the hardest part- now you have opened the door for your third, fourth fifth etc LOL! What kind of macaw is she? I know the one is a B&G

Milo was my only bird for 11 years. Then my roommate brought home a sunconure she fell in love with while doing work at a Petco. Then I rescued Maui... then I rescued MaiTai 3 months later (He was being kept in a dog crate in a basment/garage and fed monkey buscuits, thats why he is so small for a greenwing, he is stunted) Then I rescued 36 lovebirds, a nanday conure, two parakeets and a cockatiel from some idiot in my neighborhood. I found all the birds homes except for 6 lovebirds which I kept.

So they pretty much rule the house here. The macaws aren't caged pretty much 24/7- half of my living room is nothing but hoopballs, gyms, swings, perches and toys, and they have pretty much free reign of that. They also get to go outside almost every day when it is nice, and play on the deck, or in the trees, and we are in the process of building an outside aviary for them. We feed roudybush and harrisons, and they get fresh fruits and veggies every morning. I started a garden for them that has corn, sunflowers, squash, tomatoes, chili peppers, watermelon, grapes and beans, so thats what they get mostly. One plant each is enough to satisfy LOL and they LOVE fresh sunflower heads.

Milo is my spoiled brat of a macaw- I didn't know any better when I was a kid and I did things with her that now make me cringe. I took her EVERYWHERE with me, like a dog. and fully flighted with no harness! She rode on my handlebars when I went on a bike ride, she went to the store with me when we would ride down to go to the drug store, she went fishing and climbing through the woods, and I taught her to fly up into the club house when we would climb up. She even went to high school with me my junior and senior year, almost every day. her picture is in the year book under graduating seniors ;)

heres a couple more pics for you:

Milo

Maui

MaiTai

MaiTai

Hoopball

Milo on the ball

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 06:17:22 pm »
Wow-all the feathered babies are beautiful!!!!!! I'd post some pcis of mine,but then this thread would take up too many pages:) Here's the link to their website:

http://www.toolady.com/www/home/sarge/
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 12:56:39 pm »
You all have such beautiful birds!!!I've never owned birds before,but I've always been interested in them. Thanks so much for sharing all these pics!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 08:03:41 pm »
I haven't been  on for awhile, but it is good to see other parrot owners...espec ially Macaws. I have 4 macaws. Groovy the scarlet, Stevie the ruby (scarlet greenwing hybrid) and Bonnie the Blue Throated macaw. then there is L.B. he is a severe macaw. I had a Hahns but he was adopted today.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 12:59:24 am »
Butts mom- how do you have time to sleep with all those macaws?? And Conures! My three about drive me insane keeping them active and happy and trying to sleep through all the SCREAMING! Your guys are all so beautiful! Glad to know there are other fid owners on here!! (Fid=Feathered Kid)

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 06:28:48 am »
You all have really, really beautiful birds!  I just wanted to tell you that my youngest son sat on my lap and looked at all of the bird pics this afternoon and he adored them.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees