Author Topic: Tulsa needs a temporary home  (Read 4730 times)

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Tulsa needs a temporary home
« on: March 27, 2008, 04:54:37 pm »
It's been awhile since I posted here, but I know it's the place to come to for help.
I lost my business due to the real estate market downturn, and now I've lost my apartment.
If anyone is here in Fresno CA. please contact me at 559-681-9038.
I'm not as concerned about myself as I am about Tulsa, we've been constant companions since the day I rescued her and her well being weighs heavy on my heart and mind.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
John and Tulsa
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Tulsa needs a temporary home
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 12:40:06 am »
I'm so sorry.  I too don't live in CA but I hope you find someone to help you out.  Thoughts and prayers are with you and Tulsa.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 10:01:44 am »
If you can get her to Louisiana, I'll do my best to talk Aaron into keeping her for awhile. That's the best I can offer, but my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 06:14:44 pm »
I am so sorry. I wish the very best for you. Sorry we are so far away to help.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 09:47:41 pm »
I'm so sorry!  Sadly, thi is a huge problem for so many people with pets (especially in the Central Valley of CA) right now.  We used to live in the Sacto area, so I've kept up with the news.  It's really tragic how many pets are just being left behind, so I applaud your devotion.  :-*  I've been wracking my brain trying to think of anyone that I know down there that could help out and I'll keep thinking about it.

John, you probably have already checked, but are there any rescues in the area that could foster her for you for awhile perhaps in exchange for you helping them out regularly with feeding, grooming, training, etc. some of the other fosters??  So many rescue organizations are really overwhelmed & I think that they might really appreciate some help in exchange for boarding Tulsa.  That way you could see her often, too.  :)  Just a thought...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 10:37:18 pm by GoldenPyrs »
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

marypyrs

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 02:56:06 pm »
I'm hoping "Hope Against Hope" that we can keep this going until Tulsa can find a safe foster for short term and then be reunited with her "Dad". I have some feelers out in California. If anyone else knows of a group who can help I hope you will let John know. This (BPO) IS the Best Place On Earth.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 03:15:02 pm »
John, could you post some particulars so that some of us can look into fosters for you?  For example:

How long do you think that you may need to have her boarded?
Tulsa's age, breed (or mix), any special care required (health issues, etc.)?
How does she do with other dogs, cats and kids?

In general, anything that you can think of that will help us network for you. Thanks. :)
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 07:50:36 pm »
Tulsa is apprx 8 yrs. old, she is a shepard/chow/rotti mix about 100 lbs.
She has developed arthritis in her hips which I treat with glucosamine, it seems to help.
She needs to be in a home with older adults, no children, or cats, she chases them, but I've seen her get backed down.
She loathes skatebords!
She is an excellent watchdog and will let you know if there is anything outside that might pose a threat. On the other hand, she LOVES the Pizza Man!
I don't know how long I will be in this situation. I've interviewed for several positions but it seems I'm either over or under qualified. I'm just looking for a job!
If her temp home turns into permanent, so be it, I just want her to be in a good place.
Everyone who has responded, old friends and new, this is the greatest place, I thank you all.
John and Tulsa
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 11:16:31 pm »
John, I don't have any connections, but I will keep my eyes and ears open down here in So. Cal.  If you remember, Ranger dislikes other large dogs, so I can't take her myself, but I will do whatever else I can to help out.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*