Author Topic: What Mix Is Ranger?  (Read 2920 times)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
What Mix Is Ranger?
« on: August 02, 2005, 08:14:49 pm »
OK, folks, put on your thinking caps and give me a hand please!   :D

The lady at the shelter that originally took Ranger in said that IF she was remembering the right dog, he was a mix of Saint Bernard and Brittany Spaniel...  What do you guys think?  He is tall and lanky and weighs about 100 lbs, but he is obviously not huge...

Do you think there is some Brittany there?  Maybe some English Setter?  Saint Bernard and Mexican Mojo?  Or is he even a Saint Bernard mix at all?  That is what people assume when they first see him, but what do you Saint owners think?  IS there any Saint in there? 

These are bad pics but I tried to pick a few that showed as much of his overall body as possible... 

Thanks for the help - I don't really NEED to know, but I AM curious as to what you think...   :D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 08:21:45 pm by grumpybunny »
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: What Mix Is Ranger?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 09:22:43 pm »
How gorgeous he is!!! Holy cow!!! I can see saint and spaniel. He definitely has the spaniel look going on. But 100 lbs is a big dog! Could be that saint influence! Nigel is a saint mix and I can't wait to see how big he turns out. And no one would ever guess that Nigel is part saint. That's the amazing thing about mixed breeds. They might not look a thing like the breeds they are made of! There could be a breed in there that you would never guess. Just look at Nigel!! A Saint Bernard was his mom???
 :D

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 09:11:27 am »
Yes, I think when we come right down to it, Ranger is probably a mix of a mix of a mix!   ;D  It is kinda fun to think about what might be in there though...  He needs a haircut so badly right now that he looks like an overgrown Australian Shepherd!   ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 02:44:00 pm »
I can see the saint in there, especially in the body shape.  There could be brittany in there as well, but from the shape of the head, I think there's something else in there as well (at least), I just can't put my finger on it.