Author Topic: i think i am way too emotional  (Read 5202 times)

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
i think i am way too emotional
« on: March 29, 2008, 08:11:09 pm »
or i am just crazy! i have been very upset about peyton becoming a "woman". and she is too. all she does is whine and cry. we keep her in the kitchen with a little fence/gate and so she can still play and if she makes a mess (which she does) we can just mop it up. but she sometimes just lays down and puts her huge head down and just cries. so could it be, that she has cramps? do dogs get them? is there anything us humans can give them? do they make a doggie midol? is midol safe for dogs? i know that when i am "in heat"  ;D i don't feel good and i cry too! am i am way emotional about this? or is she really in pain?
Your house isn't a home until you have made a bed for a dog.

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: i think i am way too emotional
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 08:20:51 pm »
i am serious. i just reread what i had written and it sounds like i am joking. is there anything we can give her?

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 08:29:00 pm »
I wish I could help. Rella came into heat this week as well, but she is still just happy go lucky ::)

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 08:31:14 pm »
I dont think so. Bell always got really moody with Baxter and was really needy.  We bought the biggest size pullups training pants and put it on her so that way she still had run of the house. 

I am sorry that your baby isnt feeling good :'(
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 08:34:24 pm »
I wish I could help. Rella came into heat this week as well, but she is still just happy go lucky ::)

if this is what moms to skin kids feel like when they scrape knees, then i am gonna bubble wrap my skin kids when i have them. it sucks! i don't know if it gets better with each heat, if not, then i am definately making her an apt for her to get fixed! i am so sad for her. ~she was happy go lucky until 2 days ago though. so it's not all bad i guess. and i guess she does have moments where she is herself, but this crying thing and i can't help her sucks! i am used to if she crys, she needs to pee or poo, or if she cries i need to put MORE water out, or she is hungry or she just wants me, but i don't know what i can do for her. she gets lots of massages now though! :D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 08:55:59 pm »
I wish I could help too but I have no experience in this department. Good luck.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 09:34:33 pm »
Aw, Peyton is a "woman". Congrats!  While I don't bubble wrap my skin kids to prevent knee scrapes, I am quite sure that I'll be a wreck when my daughter (currently only 8) "grows up". By that I mean everything from bras to boys... :P
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 11:13:21 pm »
i think this might help....

Female Dogs in heat
Sent to Dog Experts April 30, 2005 9:45 a.m.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can a female dog have pain and unusual behavior during her first heat cycle? 
 Customer (name blocked for privacy) 

Info Request
April 30, 2005 9:59 a.m. (13 minutes and 58 seconds later)  REPLIED to Info Request

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What kind of pain and unusual behavior are you seeing? 
 Tammy F.  -- Dog Care Expert -- 99% Positive Feedback on 2181 Dog Accepts
15+ years -Dog care, Veterinary shelter medicine and infectious disease, Behavior assessment, Rescue

Reply to Tammy Falkner
Sent April 30, 2005 10:11 a.m. (11 minutes and 39 seconds later)   

She is panting and trembling as if she is in pain and she is holding up her right front leg as if it is in pain. She is a Boykin Spaniel and just eight monts old. She is in what we believe is her first heat. She has swelling of the vulva and has been discharging for over a week. She just sits or stands and is not very active.
Thank you, Customer (name blocked for privacy) 
 Customer (name blocked for privacy)

Answer
April 30, 2005 10:14 a.m. (2 minutes and 53 seconds later)  ACCEPTED

This is not normal behavior in my opinion.  You usually don't see it as much in young dogs but there is a disease of the uterus called Pyometra.  Pyometra means that the uterus is infected.  This can be life threatening.  Her desire to only stand also might be an indicator of this.

Dogs experience cramps just like people but I think that you are seeing more than that.

You should see the vet today to find out what's going on.

i do know that pain and panting can be a sign of pyrometra too.... i would just call your vet....not go there, but just call them and see what they say

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2008, 09:33:29 pm »
wow, okay. i will take her in tomorrow. thanks!

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 05:50:20 am »
I'm late reading all of this but I'm very glad that you are taking Peyton in on Tuesday.  I'm no expert, but it definitely doesn't sound like a normal heat cycle to me.  Though Daisy & Cassie are spayed, Cara & Halley weren't as I'd planned to show them (but we never bred them).  My girls never cried during their heats.  At most they would seem less energetic or their appetites would drop a bit, but I never heard them cry so I would definitely get that checked ASAP.  :(  Please let us know what you find out, ok?  I'll be thinking of you both.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 09:38:52 am »
oh.... :o i hope the outcome is ok...please letus know!!!

Offline peytons mama

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 08:49:21 pm »
UPDATE: according to the doc, she is fine. it seems to be normal. from what i had told the doc about her and from what he has seen in her before from previous visits, she is just whiney and is emotional too!

he listened to her and felt inside and everything seems to be normal. he thinks its cramps! and that she knows that she'll get loves from us, she milks it. :) and of course when i brought her back home, she was her "normal" self. until daddy came home. then she was all crying and whinning at him and totally ignored me! and after i told him about it all, he looked at her and she barked at him and she hasn't been whinning since! BIG FAKER!

oh, and THANK YOU all for helping with all your input and helpful advice and just plain caring! thank you!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 08:50:28 pm by peytons mama »

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 10:30:39 pm »
Aww!  Well I sure am glad it's no more then a case of the "cy babies".  Hope her heat is over soon though, I can't imagine it being a fun thing to deal with.  Feel better soon Peyton!   :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 10:31:17 pm by London_Pyr_Lover »
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 10:35:42 pm »
oh that is awesome....i am sooo glad she is fine! I know what those horrid cramps are like!!!  Isn't it funny how manipulative dogs can be!?!?!?