Author Topic: Saint Bernard St. Bernard[Mix] OHIO, Rescue needed immediatly  (Read 26554 times)

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Saint Bernard St. Bernard[Mix] OHIO, Rescue needed immediatly
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 11:25:06 am »
I don't know about anybody else, but I am on pins and needles...lol. I am so glad he will be safe and it would only be a bonus if he was living with somebody from here!

Jane, Bless you.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 12:13:59 pm »
I just checked the link and it says ADOPTED!  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 12:28:49 pm »
I just checked the link and it says ADOPTED!  ;D

Ok, now I am crying! Happy tears...awesom e news!!!

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 12:36:02 pm »
Yay! Yay! Yay! This is the best news!
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 12:47:18 pm »
Thank you, Nina!  I see the "adopted" sign, too.  It's such great news that he's safely out of there!  I'm not sure yet if he was pulled by one of Jane's contacts or by one of the other people that the shelter employee told me this morning had called about him.  So, I don't know yet if he's "home", in rescue, or what, but thank God that he's safe!  If I call the shelter I don't think that they'll know if Jane had him pulled or if it's someone else.  So, I'm still a bit on pins & needles, but in a good way now, not so worried.  When I did sleep overnight, I kept dreaming about that poor pup in that shelter and when I was up, I kept looking at Sammy stretched out asleep in our living room & thinking about how he must have felt last year when he was in a kill shelter.  I probably should grow a tougher skin, but guess I'm not sure how to.

Thank you Tazz for letting us all know about this sweet boy!   :-*  Let's all hope that wherever he ends up he is happy & very loved.   :-*  :'(
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

marypyrs

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 01:07:14 pm »
Marie, I e'd you just now.

Update folks. Just talked to the Pound People. The sweet boy has been pulled by Rescue. Not sure which one yet as they seemed not to know for sure. ? ? ? But the most important thing is that he is SAFE! I've talked to so many Rescues over the last day my head is actually spinning.

They have my phone # and Marie's too.

Marie, I hope he ends up with you. It would be such a fantastic home!  :-* I'll let you know the minute I hear back. 

Thanks SO MUCH Tazz!!!!!!!!! You got it all rolling! 

Hugs!
Jane

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 02:38:17 pm »
I'll be waiting for updates, too!  And keeping my fingers crossed that you get him, Marie!  So glad he's safe now, though.  What a relief!

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 04:50:11 pm »
I'll be waiting for updates, too!  And keeping my fingers crossed that you get him, Marie!  So glad he's safe now, though.  What a relief!

Ditto here!! And I know others have already said this, but I really am in awe of how quickly BPO folks moved to save this sweet looking big paw. What a great group of people you are!  :-* :-* :-*
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 05:16:27 pm »
Marie, I e'd you just now.

Update folks. Just talked to the Pound People. The sweet boy has been pulled by Rescue. Not sure which one yet as they seemed not to know for sure. ? ? ? But the most important thing is that he is SAFE! I've talked to so many Rescues over the last day my head is actually spinning.

They have my phone # and Marie's too.

Marie, I hope he ends up with you. It would be such a fantastic home!  :-* I'll let you know the minute I hear back. 

Thanks SO MUCH Tazz!!!!!!!!! You got it all rolling! 

Hugs!
Jane

{{{HUGS}}} Thank you for all you do! I am just so very happy he is out of there and still breathing this afternoon.

Marie~ If you get him, We want tons of pictures!!

Offline Tazz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2008, 08:32:31 pm »
Jane, before I forget, if you find out who pulled him and they were working with  you, please pm me the address so I can send a check for the pull fee. I said I would pay it and I intend to keep my word on that:)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2008, 09:34:28 pm »
Jane, before I forget, if you find out who pulled him and they were working with  you, please pm me the address so I can send a check for the pull fee. I said I would pay it and I intend to keep my word on that:)

Tazz, that is very, very sweet of you!  I don't see Jane on BPO right now so I'll take the liberty of answering for her. I know that she is working really hard right now to find the rescue that pulled him, at the same time as keeping up with all of her usual home & farm chores.  She's been really wonderful!! 

Thank you again (so very much!) for posting about this sweet pup and for offering to pay for his pull fee.  :-*  We are hoping & praying that she can track him down soon so that we'll know that he's well & happy or if he still needs a home.  If he has a good home in Ohio then we're happy, but if he still needs help we want to be here for him.  Thank you all for the encouragement!   :-*

Modified b/c I can't type today.   ;D  ::)  :-[
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 10:19:59 pm by GoldenPyrs »
Marie

And my pups:

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 01:06:30 pm »
Okay, I think I'm far too emotional today. I'm sitting her crying over a dog getting pulled and rooting for Marie to get him.
I so hope you get him. He just looks like a sweetie pie.

This is exactly what I did!!!! I have tears rolling down my face. My boyfriend is sitting on his laptop across the room from me probably thinking I'm a big weirdo ::)

We have SUCH a wonderful group of people here on BPO. I just can't get over it. I feel so priveleged to be a part of this website.
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

marypyrs

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2008, 01:29:24 pm »
Latest update: I've been talking to St. Rescue & they're trying to locate just exactly where this sweetheart is right now. I had a response from 'Phil' at Carroll County Pound and I was NOT satistifed. So - being an extreemly stuborn and hard headed person, I'm not about to give up till I know for sure he's safe and sound.

Some of what this "Phil" said did not make sense. Could be he's just not the best at communication and I understand how overworked many of these people are, but I want to make sure. He will not give me the name of the Rescue who supposedly pulled him. Stated that he (pupper) has been adopted but the Rescue would be having him nuetered on Tuesday before he goes to his new home. That's NOT the way it works if "someone" adopted him.

I may be. Probably am. And hopefully will be wrong. But when I see Red Flags I have to follow through.

Hope to have a final and super great update soon. Marie and her family are on pins and needles I know.

On a great note. & I should post this on the other thread. The PyrX is safe and sound with Kendra in Little Rock awaiting Angel Paige's transport. He's adorable! And looks VERY MUCH like Julie's Chammie Wammie! What's not to love about that?!?!? Kendra reports that he is the sweetest boy she's ever met. 

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 06:21:05 am »
Oh lordy!  They are in trouble!  A Chammie look alike. I'd love to see pics! 

I really hope the saint boy is okay. 

We sure hope so, too.  We'll all feel so much better if/when the shelter can give Jane some more info.

Jane, we'd love to see pics of Chammie's twin brother if you can.  He sounds like a sweetie!  :-*
Marie

And my pups:

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2008, 04:39:55 am »
Marie,

Just in case you are interested, given your interest in adding to the family:

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10512663

I could pull him if you want.

Sarah

Thank you, Sarah!  I called the shelter yesterday morning & talked to them.  She said that they only PTS in case of terminal illness or very severe aggression, so he is safe (there is no time limit, either).  He was an owner surrender and his previous family said that he is good with cats & other dogs, but she was going to ask for an evaluation.  She did say that he's very active (not surprising, since he's a big puppy still).  I really appreciate your offer to pull him.  I'll talk to my hubby & we'll let you know if we want to proceed.  Thank you again!
Marie

And my pups: