Author Topic: Great Dane in Michigan pound  (Read 2272 times)

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Great Dane in Michigan pound
« on: March 31, 2008, 08:55:52 am »
I just saw this guy this morning and had to post his link here, in case anyone is looking for a beautiful Dane.  He must have just came in because I didn't see him there when I looked on their site Sunday.  This is the same shelter I got Zeus and Apollo from. The adoption fee is $35 but they don't provide any vet check or anything.  They told me last year that they don't put their dogs down much anymore unless they run out of space, or have a reason he can't be adopted out.  So I don't think he's in danger yet or anything.  But if someone's interested, I could put in a call.  Here's the link:  http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10532587

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Great Dane in Michigan pound
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 09:37:31 am »
what a cutie....on the site though they don't know if he was neutered???? isn't that rather obvious since it is a boy???? i know with my boy it is pretty evident he isn't...hope he finds a home real fast..

Offline Amy (guffer)

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Great Dane in Michigan pound
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 09:54:27 am »
Honestly, they probably didn't even look.  When we went to get Zeus and Apollo from them, Apollo had this huge engorged tick on his face and nobody bothered to remove it.  The place is staffed with prisoners mostly.  The dogs get food and water and shelter, but not much else.  All the dogs from that place get the same generic write up on their petfinder page basically saying that they're strays and they can't guarentee the health or temperment of the dogs.  It's a sad, scary place really.  I hope this guy finds a nice home soon.