Author Topic: Just dropped Bubba off at the vet.... Update the 'Tutor" is complete. LOL  (Read 5749 times)

Lyn

Today is the day of the 'tutor'. :P

I was so nervous standing there signing the 'paper'.. you know the one that states if anything happens to him it's not their fault. :'( When he cocked his leg and peed on the wall. WTH?! Bubba has never peed indoors since he was 6 months old.. ??? The first words out of my mouth were I guess it's a good thing your being neutered then, you big dummy. LOL Now that I'm home without him I'm starting to worry about the anesthetic. :(

I can call after 11am and check on him so I'm going to be a wreck until then.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 11:47:26 am by Lyn »

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Just dropped Bubba off at the vet....
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 09:21:34 am »
hugs! What a big day for you both.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 09:48:33 am »
Yeah.. and just think I'm going to be going through it again in 3 weeks with Lola. :(

9:50am and counting.... Sigh.  :(

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 09:55:23 am »
Sorry, but the wall peeing thing was funny! He'll be just fine, and back home slobbering all over you in no time flat!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

lorim2

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 10:03:55 am »
I agree that Bubba will be fine...Althoug h that doesnt help mom much!  Big hugs to you both and to Lola too! 

Lyn

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 10:30:16 am »
Thanks guys! I keep telling myself that he'll be fine. He's been under anesethic before for his hip x-rays and he was fine then. For some reason though this is stressing me more. :-\

Ohhh I got his weight too. He's lost some of that 10 pounds.. like half of it. ::) I posted before that he had stopped eating in the morning, well he's still being a butthead some morning and it didn't look to me like he's lost any weight.. but apparently he did.  >:( His weight in July/07 was 123 pounds in Feb he was 133 pounds and as of today he's down to 128 pounds. Lola weighs more than he does but he looks twice her size. It's odd. Maybe the neuter will help keep weight on him. It would be nice anyway.

I can call in half an hour.. I'm impatiently waiting.  ;)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 10:52:00 am »
Each of the boys has spent their day at the Vet's with Mom being beside herself with worry.Bubba will be fine and home before you know it.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Lyn

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 11:12:09 am »
I just got off the phone with the tech.. Bubba is fine. ;D I can pick him up 3pm. Huge sigh of relief.  :D

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 11:20:28 am »
Woooohoo. Bubba is an official member of the tutor club!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Lyn

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 11:46:54 am »
Yes finally. I've been trying to get hubby to tutor him for the past year. LOL No more raging hormones! Yeah! And he now has nice short nails. I just need to keep them that way. ;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 11:53:41 am by Lyn »

Icerotti

I am so glad everything went well. I have been trying to convince hubby to neuter Farley no luck yet  ::)
Sorry, but I had to laugh at the wall peeing incident...lol
Wishing Bubba a speedy recovery  :-*  :-*

Offline Rosalba

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Lucca at City park
    • View Profile
    • The Glovinsky Gallery of Contemporary Art
Good! I think we all knew he'd be fine, but still! It's great to know all is well
-Rosalba

owned by:
Frida (the Chihuahua)
Olive (the handsome devil of a cat)
Lucca (the Saint Bernard puppy)

Lyn

I definitely feel so much better now.

I went and bought him a new knuckle bone to chew, so hopefully that will keep him busy so I don't have to put the cone on him.

Michelle, I know what you mean about convincing the hubby. I finally just said he going whether you like it or not. LOL

Poor Lola is looking all over the house for him. She must think I kicked him out. LOL
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:11:19 pm by Lyn »

Lyn

I hope so, the weight gain would be nice. ;) It really irked me that he lost those 5 pounds.

Well he's home and he looks umm sore down there. :o I think he's mad at me though, I got a slight tail wag when I picked him up and that was it. :P It looks like he's stoned though, his eyes are glazed. LOL He's just laying around sleeping for the most part. So far the swelling is minimal. I asked about pain meds and she said nope. The less active he is the better. :-\ Geez I know I'd want pain meds.. Poor Bubba.  :(

They gave me some anti-lick cream but no cone. She said he never touched the incision while he was there so they didn't feel the need to give me one. I'm hoping he doesn't start.

I'm just glad it's over and done with. He's definitely not a happy camper though.  :D

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
What no pain meds! When Dibby got the snip we got pain meds for him.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)