Author Topic: I'm out of work again  (Read 7079 times)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: I'm out of work again
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2008, 10:44:14 pm »
Aww Lin I'm sorry things didn't work out for you.  Good things have to come soon.  Good luck hunny!  I'd still like to see something positive come of your photography.  When I get a decent job, I wanna buy a bunch of prints from you, so get clicking!  ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 11:46:10 pm »
that stinks about your job.
I hope you can find something better soon.
and yeah the medical field is way in demand now.  My mom is trying to get back into medical terminology but it's hard b/c she's 20+ yrs out of the loop computerwise so has to take more classes.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2008, 09:10:54 am »
well i have a part time temp job to go to Monday.  it's only like 15 hours a week through the 21st, but it's something, right?   I may not make it to retraining orientation tuesday since my tuesday goes till 12:30 and the orientation starts at 12:30.  I'll have to be a few minutes late if i can be.  that has to start soon though.  I just need to make it work and be a few minutes late Tuesday. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2008, 09:37:00 am »
Aww Lin I'm sorry things didn't work out for you.  Good things have to come soon.  Good luck hunny!  I'd still like to see something positive come of your photography.  When I get a decent job, I wanna buy a bunch of prints from you, so get clicking!  ;)
Well then, I will do that.  I've been out lately and added a ton of pics to my site.  it's so fun and a great way to really stop thinking about all the bad stuff. 

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2008, 09:47:35 am »
I'm sure good things will come soon. Have you ever thought of entering photo contests?

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Icerotti

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2008, 10:25:33 am »
I am sorry to hear that Lins. Wishing you all the best with some new jobs headed your way!!! ;D

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2008, 10:29:00 am »
I'm sure good things will come soon. Have you ever thought of entering photo contests?

Nina

That's a great idea!!  Start entering newspaper photo contests, and set yourself up with a facebook page for your photography as well.  That's a huge way to network yourself and your artwork!  ;) :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2008, 12:57:37 pm »
i have entered contest and looked into local magazines.  the contests are hard to win and the magazines have stock they pick from already.  I will definately look into that face book though. 
i'm going to look into a management trainee job at Family Dollar.  seems like every time i go there people ask me questions like i work there...so today, even with an arm full of things, I told a guy where the meat tenderizer is and another guy to get the triple antibiotic instead of the lotion for this ringy skin issue his girlfriend has.  they just come up to me and start asking questions.  i must look a little out of place in that store.