Author Topic: Help..Help....I need help! Anyone Pleaseeeeeeee!  (Read 14267 times)

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Help..Help....I need help! Anyone Pleaseeeeeeee!
« on: August 02, 2005, 11:59:40 pm »
Okay my brand new baby Zima ( a year old) is rubbing her nose raw!! she has done this since the day I got her!! I dont know why she is doing it.... she has rubbed it to the point where it is bleeding!! It seemd like it itches her or something?? Its right on top of her noseand she justs nudges the floor all the time?? Poor baby I dont know what to do for her and she is getting blood all over my carpet.... not to much worried about that I just know it is driving her crazy!! What can I do and whats causing this any sugg..? ???
Nicole

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Help..Help....I need help! Anyone Pleaseeeeeeee!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 12:20:20 am »
anyone?? I really dont know why she is doing this and there is blood everywhere!!
Nicole

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 12:23:08 am »
Oh that poor baby!...I don't know what it might be but obviously there is something bothering her...Do you have anything soothing to put on it?...I am thinking like Aloe Vera lotion or gel but I am not sure if this is safe for her...I would make an appointment with the vet in the a.m though...Let us know what happens please!

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 12:49:36 am »
Thanks Chelle! Does any one know if neosporine is okay for dogs? I thought because it had a numbing agent in it and something to keep it from getting an infection..... it might help but i dont know if its safe!! I will probablly make an appt in the morning anyway...its really weird!
Nicole

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 12:54:42 am »
As far as I remember Neosporin is fine for dogs...Does she have any other itchy spots on her?.. I am wondering if she has allergies....Q uick question...Do you use Carpet Fresh?

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 01:24:23 am »
 :o I did .........I havent since she has been here!!!  OMG That could be it! That stuff stays in the carpet even though you vacume!!  Ill use some neo on her and see if it works!! Thanks Chelle you are awesome!!!
Nicole

Offline Saljen

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Rosie with icy whiskers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 01:37:08 am »
sorry your poor baby is having so much trouble! our old family dog has allergies and the vet just has my parents give him children's benedryl (he weighs 12 lbs). he roots around on the carpet really bad with his nose and face when he's having problems. he never rubbed his nose raw tho.
once my Lucy's face swelled up really bad - it look so bizarre! she's an Aus Shep mix and she looked like a Chow! it was obvious something had bit her. we have her an adult's Benedryl tablet and the swelling went down. anyways, maybe your pup got bit? either way, i would think allergy med might help. our vet said its the same stuff they give to dogs. you might run out and get him some children's since he's a puppy.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 01:38:04 am »
Yup...I quit using Carpet Fresh when I got my bagless vac for X-mas & was able to see how much of it was left in the carpet...I was still vaccuming it up months later & alot of it!...Coincidentl y my cats quit puking all the time when I stopped using it...I will never use that crap again!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 01:44:09 am »
Ohhhh poor baby, yes it is totally okay to use neosporin on dogs, you can also use tripple antibiotic, and basically any anti-itch cream. They also have special anti-itch for gogs in pet stores. Benadryl is good also. The first thought when I read this was some kind of allergic reaction. So the above you can use at home. then I would take her to a vet. tell about the carpet deo. and maybe bring in a steam cleaner with some pet friendly cleaner, like Natures miracle or something. clean my carpets try and get it all up. BUT there are several things she could be allergic to, so it would probably be good to take her to a vet to determin what it is. BUT also if the Benadryl helps it is no rush really, if it helps and you can tell that she is getting much less bothered and it helps you have pretty much figured out what is wrong, then try and solve the things that might cause the problems.

Good Luck and please keep us updated

marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 01:50:08 am »
Marit thx your a life saver tooo.... ive had my eyes glued to this posting so id have some answers.... I knew you guys would come through for me!!! Zima says thanks too you both too!! HOw much benadryl should i give her? she weighs about 100 lbs? Throwing the carpet freshner out......!!! No more tropical breeze lol
Nicole

Offline Lucysdad

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 01:56:12 am »
Lucy's friend Mutt has pretty bad allergies. Benadryl is good, and ask your vet about Relief Shampoo. It seems to help Mutt,

Good Luck
Lucy's Dad (Gene)

Outside a Dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside a Dog it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 02:03:20 am »
Lucy's friend Mutt has pretty bad allergies. Benadryl is good, and ask your vet about Relief Shampoo. It seems to help Mutt,

Good Luck

very good point Lucysdad...... . I am a bit ashamed lol..... I used to work as groomer so the shampoo part should have been something I didnt forget hehe. They have several good shampoos, the first is oatmeal, you also have something called citrilux it is a natural shampoo that works pretty well on itchy skin, also the ones with tea tree oil and aloe vera are real good and then of course you have the medicated shampoos.

And benadryl, I would give the childrens and see the weight chart on the box and give for the appropriate weight.

Talking about skin products, they also have spray that you can use on the whole dog, that relieves itching, and also cream and paste for more local spots.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 02:15:06 am »
<<<giving her benadryl now thx you guys! i will look in to the shampoo!! Baths ae always fun in my bath tub!! lol
Nicole

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 02:22:32 am »
Let us know if the benadryl helps!...I bet it's the evil Carpet Fresh causing it though! :(

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 06:50:37 am »
Does he eat out of a plastic food dish? I have read this can cause allergies with some dogs.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)