Author Topic: Tricky Treats Ball Toy Review  (Read 5282 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Tricky Treats Ball Toy Review
« on: November 13, 2008, 07:08:26 am »
I bought this toy yesterday at PetSmart to help keep Kentucky occupied in the apartment. 

You put treats in one hole and, if the dog rolls is around, they will randomly fall out.

She caught on really quick after I rolled it across the floor for her and the treats fell out. It was really cute to watch her rolling it around all over the apartment. When she ran into a wall or the couch, she would pick it up and move it back to the middle of the floor and start rolling it again. It has big "craters" that make it easy for bigger dogs to pick up.

However, it is made of a soft rubber/plastic material so when I stopped watching her for a couple minutes, she managed to chew her own hole in the toy to try to get to the treats quicker.

She's just like her mama - I, too, am an instant-gratification kind of gal.

They had a hard plastic cube that worked the same way. I think I'm going to get that one tonight instead. Maybe it will last longer.

Here's a picture of the toy from the petsmart site. When I get home, I'll post a pic of 'Tucky's "modified" version.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Tonda

Re: Tricky Treats Ball Toy Review
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 07:11:54 am »
Doesn't stuff like this make you wonder what dogs they test this stuff on? My last dog tore a "Pit tested" rhino kong into pieces in less than an hour.

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 08:56:44 am »
Titan LOVES this thing.... we fill it with everything.... carrots, treats, uncooked beans, kibble. EVERYTHING that cant spoil we put in he loves it. It will keep him going for quite some time! Titan rolls it with his paw backwards and a friend came over with her lab and she rolled it forwad with her nose.... to each there own as long as it keeps spitting out the food they could care less!! :)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 09:49:10 am »
They had a hard plastic cube that worked the same way. I think I'm going to get that one tonight instead. Maybe it will last longer.

The square one is called a buster cube. We have one and penny and she wants nothing to do with it! Since it's hard plastic the food hitting the walls makes a loud jingly noise that Penny is terrified of.

I actually want the tricky treats ball that you have since it's softer walls it won't be as loud so maybe Penny would play with it. I have a friend who has the ball and her dog will bring the ball to someone to get food put in and then push it around for hours on end
RIP former BPO

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 03:46:18 am »
We had the same experience here ;) Phelan liked that the treats came out, but the ones that weren't easily coming out made him look for an alternative route ;D We both have smart pups, with big teeth!!