Author Topic: *update** Maya the Belgian Mal, :(  (Read 7234 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
*update** Maya the Belgian Mal, :(
« on: April 03, 2008, 08:42:57 am »
Well Maya's owner called from AZ today, and said that since he is in the service, that he can have maya shipped to him for $65.  He is claiming she is a service dog although she is not trained (except what i did).  She is leaving us the last week in April  :-\ :'( I just hope that she doesn't end up in the same position she was in before.  I hope/wish that she forgets about him, although i don't think that she will...  :-\  So it is a bittersweet ending with Maya, i will cherish these last few weeks with her.

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
Re: *update** Maya the Belgian Mal, :(
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 08:58:39 am »
What about all the other fees for your training and boarding? And vet work? And if I were you I would report him for lying and saying she was a service dog. That kind of insolence really pisses me off, no offense. There are reasons service dogs get perks, and some idiot that abused his dog shouldn't be allowed near ANY of those perks with a 10 foot pole.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 08:59:54 am by whiskeyandsake »

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 09:33:44 am »
Oh i agree with you by far....but since he is representing our country in the army...he is claiming it is a service dog...but i think  when he reads service dog...he is thinking army is the service...plus "one of his buddies did it"  i looked into the air flight more...i don't think it will happen due to regulations on no animals in ex.large crates, no shipping in may-sept due to the heat. I don't think it will happen now that i have read more on delta flying animals. But he also hasn't made reservations with the airlines either..this dog will be a royal wreck on a plane i can see it now... she will so bust through the crate.  Maya's grandparents (The owners parents) are coming by to pick her up today just for the weekend (because we have a show) and i will talk to them about it today, hopefully with them and me we can convince him not to.  He is just so ignorant about what service dog means...(kinda funny but not!)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 09:46:33 am »
I really hope and pray that you get to keep her. She deserves to be in a great home with you.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 10:02:13 am »
I am very sorry that you may have to give Maya up - Did you mention the thousands of dollars he owes you for boarding (I pay $27.00 a day)), food, vet care etc.  Can you make it to expensive for him to get her back. 

I truly appreciate people in the armed services and I thank him for that.  But - he doesn't seem to be doing the best for the dog.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 10:43:27 am »
Ohhhhhh.....I don't want to see you have to give this girl up after everything you've gone through for her!  Demand that he pay you for all the work you've done.  Call him on the "service dog" thing, just because he ran her to the bone, doesn't make her a service dog, it makes her an abused one.  And just for the record, being in the army doesn't make you a special person or a good person.  There are morons in EVERY field, Armed Forces included (lest we forget the Solder tossing puppy off cliff video).  Sorry, but that's something that I felt I needed to say.  I hope that his parents are willing to help you convince him that Maya is better off with you.  Good luck, and please give Maya a big hug for me.  :-*
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 09:47:03 pm »
I hate to be mean but the reality is that this "owner" is jerking your chain along with Maya's.  He lost all claim to her when he told you he didn't want her and you could keep her or find her a new home.  If he treated her badly before he gave her up, he will treat her the same way when he gets her back.  She is a trophy for him.  She deserves way better than that and she deserves to be treated and loved the way that you have taken care of her.  Just my .2 cents.  Good luck with the hard decision you have. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 09:52:35 pm »
I agree with the last post. He gave you the dog - end of story. He's out of luck. The law would be on your side, too. It sounds like you don't want to rock the boat or piss this guy off, but have you considered just telling him No, and stating that he gave you the dog? Is there someone else that can do it for you? Sometimes it's really hard to confront someone like that, so if that's not your thing, maybe you can find someone who will. I'll betcha there are PLENTY of BPOers that would LOVE to talk to him!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 08:18:03 pm »
I know we have not been around for a while, but i think i am back again.  As for Maya....we had a mishap last week with maya's grandparents.. .where they didn't do any training with her at all for 2 weeks.  Maya came back to us teeth and all.  I have cut all ties with the entire family now and we are on our own.  Maya has had a lot of training since the last time i have been on here...we actually went to...(no comments about it please) remote training.  It has done wonders with her, although the grandparents didn't keep up the training, and now we are having to redo everything...i t comes back quickly though.  She is going to have to go back to the "guarenteed" training because she is biting the eyes of jazmine and titan. I can't have blood...i am sick of it., I have called rescues for her, i don't mind keeping her till we find her a home, but she needs to be placed somewhere else.  This is the last you will hear about Maya, thanks for reading!!!

Icerotti

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 04:39:01 pm »
Oh poor Maya. I commend you for all that you have done with her. I understand that you can not have her stay with you any longer for the saftey of your own pups. Sending good homeing vibes Mayas way  :-*

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 07:10:54 pm »
Poor Maya...too much too fast for her, I guess. Sounds like she needs a one dog house and some time and space to herself. It hurts to come to the rehoming conclusion, but you did everything you could, INCLUDING saving her from going back to her original abuser! That is no small feat, you know. You should feel good about what you've been able to do with her, and for her.
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python