Author Topic: In memory of Arwen...fighting BSL  (Read 7084 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

In memory of Arwen...fighting BSL
« on: August 03, 2005, 12:36:00 am »
Here is the link for Pippin's pic on the site to fight BSL: http://www.sorryagain.com/sorry261.htm
Here is the pic:

Offline Saljen

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Rosie with icy whiskers
    • View Profile
Re: In memory of Arwen...fighting BSL
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 12:57:37 am »
oh wow, i didn't know about that site. my son and i have been sitting here going thru some of the pages and i am just CRYING. to think of all the poor sweet animals that are being put down for no reason other than, not just their breed, but for just HOW THEY LOOK even. those sweet dear faces and the loving families who are afraid for their loved ones. and what scares me too is that i have had a few people say that they thought Rosie could have some pit in her. under some of the BSLs, my poor baby could be taken from me and killed just because she has similar features to a pit, even if she isn't one. this just isn't right!

i'm going to put a pic up on the site too. thnx for sharing with us Gypsy.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 01:03:39 am »
You are welcomed...The site is very touching & really drives the point across without too many words...The pics really do speak for themselves!...In some parts of Germany my beloved Great Pyrenees has been the target of BSL...That just makes no good sense!...They are gaurdians for cripes sake!

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 01:27:27 am »
If you dont mind me asking what happened to arwen?? I am about to go look at the site..... Im sure i will need tissues
Nicole

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 01:34:17 am »
Arwen was the little Pyr girl that we had a deposit on...Here is the link to the thread that Jackie (the breeder) posted...This will explain it to you...We decided to take Pippin to honor Arwen's memory...My little girl never made it to Iowa but she will always live in my heart.
http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,1988.0.html
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 02:09:30 am by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 01:57:25 am »
awww Chelle that is sooo sad!! Well Im glad you have pippin and pippin has you!! We have alot of animals and humans die year round from the heat out here!! Im in phoenix and it was 118 out here last week ....In the past two weeks we have had 32 humans die from the heat thats more than we usually have all year! PLus at a kennel people took their dogs to for them to watch while they were out of town.... the air went out... it was an air tight facility... all 50+ dogs died from the heat!! It was so sad!
Nicole

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 02:10:48 am »
Gyps....... I still have goose bumps from reading the first few posts on that site. I will have to go through them all. Having both bullmastiffs and OEM well who knows when they will be on the bann list. I am sure being 220 lbs + is automatically making you a horrid dog. And that makes me want to cry, my sweet baby who has not one mean bone in him, is big..... the biggest lover ever.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 02:10:59 am »
That is so sad what happened there!...& it also goes to show that no matter what percautions we take in life, things can go wrong & sadly tragedies incur. :'(

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 11:08:24 am »
Gyps....... I still have goose bumps from reading the first few posts on that site. I will have to go through them all. Having both bullmastiffs and OEM well who knows when they will be on the bann list. I am sure being 220 lbs + is automatically making you a horrid dog. And that makes me want to cry, my sweet baby who has not one mean bone in him, is big..... the biggest lover ever.

Marit
I'm sorry Marit...I didn't see your post here last night...& I agree, you can bet any Mastiff type dog will be the aim of BSL somewhere...If they aren't already...Ther e is a town in Iowa (where I live) that has BSL aimed at "any dog over 100 lbs"...It is bad enough to ban by breed but to make laws that just DESCRIBE a dog...Well, think about it, that's downright scary!