Author Topic: A letter to my dogs.  (Read 4505 times)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
A letter to my dogs.
« on: April 04, 2008, 04:28:35 am »
Dear Whiskey/Annie/Cisco and company-

First of all, I just wanted to let you know, you are invaluable to the household. Invaluable! Really, couldn't do it without you. I just have a couple of quick suggestions that I'd like to get on paper.

Number 1)
I can not stress this enough. When I lie down- it does not mean "Please, come play king of the mountain on my back, hips and head"

Number 2)
bed time is not "Just how much can I contort my body to take up room so that mom falls off the bed and ends up sleeping on the couch"

Number 3)
Blankets are NOT tug of war material.

Number 4)
Appreciate the hussle in the kitchen, team, really, I do! But sometimes, I'd like a bite to eat that isn't snatched off my plate before I sit down. Ok? On second thought, lets just say "no" to the whole leaping with all four feet off the ground to grab the toast out of the toaster before I can reach it.

Number 5)
If you don't see me putting batteries in it- it's not a moving toy. That means cats, birds, ferrets and people. Maitai's tail is NOT a feather duster and does not need to be shaken out....Annie.

Number 6)
Hey- I like squeeky toys and tennis balls as much as the next person. But, lets try to keep the ammount of toys in bed down to maybe, one per dog. If I have to play parachute just to get into bed and then fight the paws, tails and ears that are leaping to catch the flying toys... we may have a space problem.

Number 7)
I'm liking the drive in the housetraining puppies- really I am. One suggestion! when I say "OK!!! Lets go Pee!!!" Its really ok to hold off on the peeing until we actually make it outside. No need to do it as soon as you see the leash, no one likes an over achiever.

Number 8 )
Dog beds are not giant pee pads, and it is not necessary to mark them as soon as they come out of the dryer- they already have your names on them.

Number 9)
If I pretend to throw a tennis ball and you dont fall for it, there is no need to rub it in my face by running behind my back and biting my hand to prove I still have it. A simple "woof" would suffice.

And lastly-

Walking all three of you has been a lot of fun- really! I love it. I'm SO glad that you two pups have overcome your shyness on the leash. I just have one minor request.

There is no need to act out the battle of Hoth every time we walk. Yes, I like star wars as much as you, but I am NOT an ATAT and you are not Luke Skywalker, so please stop playing weave pole with my legs and then darting away just in time for me to tumble to the ground.

Also, it is really unnecessary to stand on my head when I am face down in the mud.

Ok, I think that about wraps it up. Good effort today team, good effort.

-Mom

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Icerotti

Re: A letter to my dogs.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 08:18:19 am »
hahahahhahaaaa ...that is great.  :D

I could have sworn you lived at our house and wrote that....lol
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 01:43:41 pm by Icerotti »

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 11:11:22 am »
That is great!!!!! #2 is right on target here.There are nights I climb in bed and sit up and watch tv for an hr or two because the boys won't give me room to lay down flat.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 02:04:44 pm »
That's awesome!!!!  But in my house it's not so much the number of toys that end up in the bed as it is the maze Issy lays through the house as a test to see how well I will do in the dark!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix