Author Topic: Another limp  (Read 3622 times)

lins_saving_grace

Another limp
« on: April 05, 2008, 10:34:50 am »
Only 2 months into her recovery and after being so so so careful, Grace is limping on her left leg now.  We can't do another ACL replacement right now. 
What have I done to deserve to have my dog punished? I feel like the most worthless person and the worst dog owner ever.

lins_saving_grace

Re: Another limp
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 12:10:20 pm »
I know.  I figured it would happen, but after I had the money to pay for the surgory.  I still haven't found a job and I've blown through my savings trying to keep up with the bills.  I need new brakes and 2 tires at least.  I can't afford this. 

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 12:38:04 pm »
Awww Lins you are a great person and a fantastic and loving dog momma.  Sorry to hear that Graces other leg has a limp now.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 02:42:34 pm »
i hope it's only a strain too.  she jumpped on the couch today once and is resting on the floor with her pillows now.  we have been so carfeul.  but she's favoring both legs.  I hate to see her that way.  it looks so uncomfortable.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 02:53:19 pm »
Oh Lin, I really hope that it's just a strain, too.  Because you and Grace really deserve some easy times.  We'll be crossing all fingers & paws here that she's feeling better after a few days of rest.  :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 05:14:55 pm »
The others are right. There's no reason to worry that it's another ACL injury just yet. Watch her gait the next few days and if it doesn't pass, then I'd take her to the vet.

There's no reason to feel bad. You're not a bad dog owner. Injuries happen. Restricting our dogs to a crate to 'protect' them from EVERYthing wouldn't be a fun life.
Rosie - Newfoundland

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 07:11:15 pm »
i hope it is just a strain.  she's able to get on the couch...it's a little difficult, but it makes her happy to be up there.  She hasn't even lunged at anyone and she's had the opportunities too. 
this was such a pretty day today too and now i'm so depressed that life is throwing all these wrenches at me.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 08:10:06 pm »
I don't blame you, Lin.  It's really hard to stay "up" when you keep feeling like everything is bogging you down.  You've not only been a wonderful mom to Grace but you've been such an incredible trooper through all of the stuff you've been going through.  It's no wonder that you are feeling overwhelmed right now.  My suggestion?  If you feel inclined, have a good cry.  Then pop some popcorn & watch a good movie with Gracie snuggled up beside you.  Hopefully tomorrow will dawn with some better news!  ((hugs))
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 08:28:23 pm »
Oh i've been doing that all day.   I gave Pupper a big massage and she seems to be ok.  She's stiff when she gets up though and the "careful sitting".  Talk about a trooper.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 09:03:53 pm by Lin »