Author Topic: I just found out  (Read 12663 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
I just found out
« on: April 05, 2008, 10:12:46 pm »
that Shiner rides the short bus.  I overheard my neighbors talking about him the other day when I walked out in my back yard.  At first, I admit it, I got a little defensive but I have to admit the boy is pretty "special".  This is the same boy that was scared of guys on the tv when he first came home.  He was afraid of a leash and a collar.  He will sometimes ram into the bed when he doesn't jump on it.  Spatial issues!  And he also high centered himself trying to jump over the sidewall of the truck.  Yep, definitely would ride the short bus if he wasn't afraid of it.  But really making fun of him when you don't live with him?  So now I think I'm going to get a bumper sticker made that has a picture of Shiner on it and it says "Have you hugged your Tard today".  Then I'm going to paste it to him.   ;D 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

lins_saving_grace

Re: I just found out
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 10:15:04 pm »
what were those people saying about him?  other than the short bus thing?

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 10:23:04 pm »
They have a new dog and Shiner was barking at them and the dog and I walked out just in time to hear something about throwing something at him and it wouldn't hurt him because he rode the short bus.  I watch this neighbor pretty closely because I have seen him throw something over into my yard before when the dogs were out.  He had a garden in his back yard and threw some of his nasty produce over.  I guess to see if my dogs would eat it but they won't touch food from a stranger. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 10:33:41 pm »
He had a garden in his back yard and threw some of his nasty produce over.  I guess to see if my dogs would eat it but they won't touch food from a stranger. 

Hey, your dogs sound very, very smart to me!!!   ;)  ;D 

Oh & the neighbor?  He sounds like a horse's patoot. :-\  ::)
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline NarniaMals

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 01:14:09 am »
It sounds to me as though it is the neighbors who need to ride on the short bus!
Marianne and the MALS
Jadis (Queen of Narnia - The White Witch) and
Vander  (One of her loyal guardians)
also Maulgrim (our Huskey - Head guardian and our little alpha dog!)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 01:47:00 pm »
Well, let's wait until the new dog gets comfy and he/she and Shiner start to have "conversations" (what my neighbor calls it), then which dog is your neighbor going to throw rotten food at??

Shiner, it's ok.  Some of the smartest people have NO common sense.  And you can always say you have no depth perception, that's why you're kind of clumsy.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 02:23:38 pm »
Oh Shiner there is nothing wrong with riding the short bus! Rosie and Farley ride one too. Some days it is just harder than others to get legs, jumping and timing all together to jump on the bed. Have that problem myself somedays..haha

Your neighbour sounds like a real nice guy  :-\

Offline Uncanny

• Gnawer
  • My Sioux
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 05:47:44 pm »
It's okay Shiner.  My husband tells Sioux all the time that she is the short bus driver.  And Smoke would be more then glad to sit with you and lick the windows (since he licks EVERYTHING).
That is a pretty mean thing for your neighbors to say. I would probably call my neighbors out if they did something like that.  Us joking around with our pups about doing that sort of thing is one thing, but not someone else.  I even get defensive when people refer to Sioux as the "mean one" because she's afraid of new people.  Some people these days
Owned by:
Sioux - Greater Swiss Mountain Dog
Smoke - Greater Swiss Mountain Dog
Amaga - Bengal mix
Bandit - Our little black and white kitten

lorim2

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 06:10:40 pm »
We have some short bus riders here too but in my opinion they are the best!  Your neighbor sounds like such a nice fellow!!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 06:22:30 pm »
They have a new dog and Shiner was barking at them and the dog and I walked out just in time to hear something about throwing something at him and it wouldn't hurt him because he rode the short bus.  I watch this neighbor pretty closely because I have seen him throw something over into my yard before when the dogs were out.  He had a garden in his back yard and threw some of his nasty produce over.  I guess to see if my dogs would eat it but they won't touch food from a stranger. 
you do know that Grace rides the short bus too?

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 10:00:19 pm »
Thanks guys.  Shiner is very happy to know that he's in such great company on the short bus.  If only he could jump in it as it drives by. 

Stella, I'm not accurate on throwing anything.  I can throw stuff hard and usually pretty straight but I have found out that innocent bystanders get hurt around me.  Hence the reason I'm never innocent or the bystander.   ;D

I'm not really sure if it's their dog or their son's dog that they are keeping for him.  They used to keep a black lab for their son while he was out of town but it was relegated to a dog run at the back of the yard.  This one seems to have free run of their yard. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 10:13:53 pm »
Ranger practically drives the short bus...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Rosalba

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Lucca at City park
    • View Profile
    • The Glovinsky Gallery of Contemporary Art
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 10:17:10 pm »
obviously, these are people who think dogs should be cats  :P Lucca is definitely riding the short bus! -as is Frida, and sometimes even Olive  ;)
-Rosalba

owned by:
Frida (the Chihuahua)
Olive (the handsome devil of a cat)
Lucca (the Saint Bernard puppy)

Offline brooklily

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 12:24:36 am »
yay, a whole bunch of shortbus riders!!!! lol. Brooklily is definately riding the social shortbus! My boyfriend gets so mad when i say that to brooklily. He is like  (in annoying baby voice) " no she so smart" Ya she might be smart , but socially she is about 4 months with no sign of a ticket to the big girl bus coming anytime soon. ;)  I recently got a magnet at Newbury comics for her that said " my mom says im special 'cause i ride the shortbus". Well its all funny untill someone who doesnt love them says it. Its kind of like if your in an argument with someone you love and someone takes your side against them, then you turn on them. ahhhhh humans.  Keep an eye on those neighbors . I think its a little scarey they threw food over the fence. How the h*ll did you teach your dogs not to accept food from strangers? very smart!
She is not naughty, she is fun!
Brooklily 2 1/2    bulldog mix

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 02:37:36 am »
Like the saying goes,the more people I meet the more I like my animals!!Tub's too afraid to ride the short bus,he's the chicken hiding under it :D
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie