Author Topic: finally....  (Read 5574 times)

Offline Thelma

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
finally....
« on: April 07, 2008, 09:47:05 am »
about a week ago...we learned of an outside dog up the street
that had been crying alot.....my niece lives across
the street from it...so i went down one day and we were
sitting inside her house...window s closed....and we heard
the dog crying....we called the aspca immediately but
they said they couldn't investigate without a physical
address.....th ere was no house number...and thats what they
wanted....noon e even knew their names......tri ed the post office   they weren't allowed to give any info...searche d
online...nothi ng....another neighbor called them they told them the same thing....this neighbor could see the dog from
her back porch and said that there was alot of "stuff" hanging from the dogs rear....she told them this and they still needed a physical address.   so...we called back and said,,,listen....my niece lives right across the street and her address is........and they live in between house #....
and house #......  still nothing....by this time we are getting so upset.....so i call a lady i know not far away
that worked at a shelter for years and tell her the situation and ask if she could make a phone call and let them
know justhow serious it was......so yesterday   finally....the ASPCA came to the house...of course the people wouldn't answer the door...they left a note saying that they had to get medical attention for the dog last night.(neighbor snuck up to read note)
they would be back in the morning to check on it...well, they came back and took the dog   THANK GOD!   it's intestines were hanging out its butt....how would that happen? were they kicking it?   Do they really get that many
false calls that they won't come without a physical house address?   I am just so glad  that they finally came and
the dog can get the medical attention it needs now...Please
say a prayer for the little guy........
~Thelma & Karl~
~Duke~Zoe~Toby~Spencer

~Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body..but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out ....shouting.. . WOW!
What a Ride!!!~

Gemz

Re: finally....
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 10:43:10 am »
omg! i hope he's ok!

how does that happen?

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 10:46:26 am »
Sweet Jesus, that is HORRIBLE. WTF?? Poor dog!! Do you have any way to call and see how he/she is doing?
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline Rosalba

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Lucca at City park
    • View Profile
    • The Glovinsky Gallery of Contemporary Art
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 10:55:34 am »
OMG!!! That is horrible!!!! What is wrong with those people?! At least the pup's out of there now... But please do follow up and let us know what happens -I hope the people in that house get severily charged!
-Rosalba

owned by:
Frida (the Chihuahua)
Olive (the handsome devil of a cat)
Lucca (the Saint Bernard puppy)

Offline Thelma

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 12:19:13 pm »
oh...believe me....I will do all I can to find out what
is going to happen to those"people" and also to update everyone on the  dog...
~Thelma & Karl~
~Duke~Zoe~Toby~Spencer

~Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body..but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out ....shouting.. . WOW!
What a Ride!!!~

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 12:38:12 pm »
Ugh. That is truly horrible. Sickens me to read it. I hope the dog gets the treatment it needs and those people get the book thrown at them for their cruelty.  >:( >:( >:(
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 12:53:36 pm »
OMG that is just horrible. I hope the poor pup is ok and those people get what they desreve  :-\