Author Topic: Strange sightings...  (Read 2007 times)

Offline willowtree

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Strange sightings...
« on: April 08, 2008, 09:14:21 pm »
So Maddox just got neutered the other day.  Everything went well and he seems fine.  If anything he is hyper now (never really was before), but from the postings I've been reading lately, this is not abnormal

Now for my question...

The other morning I was rubbing Maddox's belly when I noticed two little round protrusions at the end of his youknowwhat.  It definitely looked like his testicles.  I was shocked and then he got up and the next time I looked they had disappeared.

I told my boyfriend this and we both dismissed it as me seeing things.

Then this morning I hear a big "huh?" from the kitchen.  My boyfriend had just spotted what he thought were testicles as well, but again they disappeared by the time I got there.

Just now Maddox was stretching out on the floor and they are back again!  I don't want to prod around as he just had surgery, but are these what they appear to be?

Are we crazy?  Is there anything else to explain these sightings?  We definitely did not get neuticles for Maddox, but according to the vet papers they definitely did the surgery.  Is a neuter not a full removal as I previously thought?

Thanks in advance for any replies to my semi-odd and embarrassing question.
Maddox-- My big black something mix puppy

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Strange sightings...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 11:10:33 pm »
Don't worry, that is normal. 
Gunther got neutered over 2 yrs ago and he still has them pop up now and again.
I know I've been told what they are before but I can't remember right now........... maybe some kind of gland?

Offline willowtree

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 09:34:58 am »
whew!  I knew there had to be another explanation.   That's just one great thing about this board... where else would I find the answers to such questions?   :)
Maddox-- My big black something mix puppy

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 10:35:36 am »
LOL.....at least you can ask with out being face to face with any of us! Where at the vet, you are face to face...lol...i t happens...

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 10:36:51 am »
I can remember that with Puck too. I was like wow they must do a new technique now---hahhahaaa

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 05:40:30 pm »
Whoa....That would make me look twice with those curious, mommy eyes. 
Glad it's normal...i think.   
Boy, put those things away already.