Author Topic: Stress is at an all time high - My Ellie is sick! (UPDATED)  (Read 11465 times)

EllieAndBlu

Stress is at an all time high - My Ellie is sick! (UPDATED)
« on: April 08, 2008, 10:33:54 pm »
Hi Y'all!
I sure do miss my BPO'ers and am way jealous about Nicole's Shower-Meet-N-Greet! It sure looks like everyone had a blast - and Nicole you look awesome!

Well things here are at an all-time high level of stress.... started with a month of working overnights and averaging 3 hours of sleep a day...  but that is nothing compared to my sick girl.

Ellie has been drinking a TON of water lately, peeing a lot and regurgitating too...  I took her for blood work a couple of weeks a go and her liver readings are high. The vet recommended testing her for Cushings disease and getting an ultrasound...  I have been trying to get her in for the Cushings test but the vet hasn't received the shipment of testing necessary material yet.... so I am making the appt for an ultrasound tomorrow...

I am a bundle of nerves and sad about the possibilities. I am trying not to worry, but that is impossible...

As for Ellie, aside from her water consumption, etc.... she is good.... definitely holding up way better than her mama!

p.s. on a funny, yet painful note - I slipped in the backyard last week and broke my rumpus - that's right cracked the ol' backside... one would think there was enough padding back there to cushion the fall, but I happened to just hit the bone.... on a tree root - good times!

« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 04:17:17 am by EllieAndBlu »

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Stress is at an all time high - My Ellie is sick!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 10:52:54 pm »
Rachel Ellie and you are both in our thoughts heal fast!
Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 12:49:15 am »
I hope miss Ellie gets to feeling better and that whatever it is is easily fixed or maintained!!  As for the butt bone...I can totally relate!!  Got bucked off a horse; then had to stand up in class cause there was no way I was going to be able to get back up out of those chairs :D!!!  Feel better soon!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 01:18:05 am »
I'm saying a prayer for Ellie tonight and tomorrow morning, Rachel - for as long as it takes for her to be well. Big kisses coming her way from me.

About the broken butt... How do they treat that? Did they put a cast on it?  ;D
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 09:32:18 pm »
Thanks for the kind words and support - I sure do luv y'all!

Ellie is going for her ultrasound on Tuesday... I am anxious to get a diagnosis, so we can move forward with treatment. It just kills me to see her drinking water so desperately! And the poor thing peed in the house today... I know she cant help it and its just tearing me up!

As for my more than ample backside... I am managing the pain with a prescription the doc gave me  ;)

The funniest part of the entire episode...  it was raining when this happened - and after 24 hours of additional rain (it pured continually), I scoped the site of the incident.... and I could still see the skid path from my shoes... AND my butt imprint in the ground...  what does that say, when the rain did not wash away my rump imprint?  Time for a crash diet!  :D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 09:54:02 pm by EllieAndBlu »

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 10:34:46 am »
awww poor baby Ellie..I hope you get some answers soon.
Oh man- I bruised my tailbone once and I thought that was bad--I can't imagine doing anything more to it  :-\

Hugs and kisses to your crew  :-*

Hows Donkey ? :D

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 11:25:10 am »
awww poor baby Ellie..I hope you get some answers soon.
Oh man- I bruised my tailbone once and I thought that was bad--I can't imagine doing anything more to it  :-\

Hugs and kisses to your crew  :-*

Hows Donkey ? :D

awww Thanks Michelle and by the way Happy Belated Birthday (s sorry I missed it!) - hope it was the best ever! Oh yeah - and I LOVE your avatar... let me guess... was it Farley?  ;)

And Donkey is his usual unique self - though happy as a clam now that I have been home during the day! Hmmmm come to think of it - I am surprised he didn't push me down the rain-soaked hill with his gigantic nose (it is usual right there up my rumpus - hahaha)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 11:26:36 am by EllieAndBlu »

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 11:28:50 am »
hahaha I could see Donkey pushing you with his nose..Rosie gets herself in soooo much trouble with that pushy nose...lol If she can poke it with her nose she does..hahaha

Thanks for the happy birthday wish....actual ly it was Rosie who ate daddys shoes in the avatar  :o  ::)

k2campbell

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 12:01:09 pm »
OH MY GOSH Rachel, you poor thing! This is all just too much! :P

I wish your Ellie better soon, let's hope you get some answers PRONTO! ;) Sending lots of positive vibes and of course prayers her way! ;) :-*

And as for you and your tailbone...OUC H!!! :o :o :o I broke mine during labor with Blake and I sympathize with you, not fun  :-\ Take it easy and try not too sit down for too long! :D ;) Sorry, it's really not funny... :-X ;) :-*

I hope things are looking up for both you soon! :) :-*

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 01:30:32 pm »

And as for you and your tailbone...OUC H!!! :o :o :o I broke mine during labor with Blake and I sympathize with you, not fun  :-\ Take it easy and try not too sit down for too long! :D ;) Sorry, it's really not funny... :-X ;) :-*

How funny Kelly.... I totally thought of you after it happened!  Hope your bum is fully healed!  :)

p.s. - with the pain killers, it is a lot funnier!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 01:32:13 pm by EllieAndBlu »

Offline jennifer

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 02:05:02 pm »
Sending lots of good thoughts -- to both of you!  :-* Be sure to let us know how Ellie is doing.
:) Jennifer
Mom to Saint Nakita and Charlie the cat

RIP sweet Bear (9/02-8/08)

k2campbell

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 02:37:48 pm »

How funny Kelly.... I totally thought of you after it happened!  Hope your bum is fully healed!  :)

p.s. - with the pain killers, it is a lot funnier!  ;D

I bet it's a lot funnier with those huh? :D ;) Like CRAZY funny!!! :D :D :D ;)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 06:53:28 pm »
I hope Ellie is better soon and you get nothing but good news about her health. 

And you should go get some butt glue.  you can't have your butt in pieces like that.  Duct tape fixes everything too.

I hope both of you are feeling better soon.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 06:59:47 pm by Lin »

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 08:28:52 pm »
Hope you're both feeling better!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 04:13:13 am »
Tuesday's ultrasound cant come fast enough! Thanks for all the support y'all! My Ellie, my tookas, and I appreciate it more than you know! BPO'ers are THE best!

As for the pain-killing happy pills...  I may have to beg for a refill this week!  ;D  Not only do they help my ailing backside... I have never been so productive in my life - they make me want to clean and organize every time I take them....  how crazy is that!? It is like some kind of miracle drug!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 04:25:48 am by EllieAndBlu »