Author Topic: DOG is my co-pilot! :)  (Read 13466 times)

Offline BalthiesMom

• Ankle Biter
  • Dog is my Co-Pilot! :)
    • View Profile
DOG is my co-pilot! :)
« on: April 13, 2008, 08:04:04 am »
Okay, reading everyone's signatures and quotes and such all day today, it seems to me there are a lot of great quotes regarding dogs and animals at disposal of BPO members. I, myself, LOVE quotes of all sorts and have "collected" them since childhood. 

What are your favorite quotes about dogs/animals? To get this thread party started, here are some of mine:

On dogs....

"Dog is my co-pilot!"
 -Motto of BARK magazine

"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
-Ben Williams

On animal welfare/vegetarianism....

"Now I can look at you in peace. I don't eat you anymore."
-Franz Kafka

"You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit and plays with the apple I'll buy you a new car."
-Harvey Diamond

On the nature of animals:

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language."
-Martin Buber

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
-Anatole France

Okay...YOUR TURN...GO! :)

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be measured in the way its animals are treated." Gandhi

You can lead a compassionate lifestyle by saving animal lives, caring for our planet, and nurturing your health!  Visit www.goveg.org

"Be the change you wish to see in this world." Gan

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: DOG is my co-pilot! :)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 09:29:10 am »
If you pick up a dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man.  --Mark Twain

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.  --Ann Landers

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.  --Josh Billings
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline BalthiesMom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 02:10:07 am »
What?  Are ScooterGirl and I the only ones who have quotes on doggies and animals?  Come on, share 'em if you got 'em! :) Please? :)
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be measured in the way its animals are treated." Gandhi

You can lead a compassionate lifestyle by saving animal lives, caring for our planet, and nurturing your health!  Visit www.goveg.org

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 04:03:52 am »
"If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either." - Unknown

"Old dogs, like old shoes, are comfortable. They might be a bit out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well." - Bonnie Wilcox 'Old Dogs, Old Friends'

"Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear." - Dave Barry

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.  ~Author Unknown

A man may smile and bid you hail
Yet wish you to the devil;
But when a good dog wags his tail,
You know he's on the level.
~Author Unknown

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 04:05:33 am »
Hi,

Have fun Plenty here!!

http://www.dogquotes.com/
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline BalthiesMom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 12:15:00 pm »
These are great!  Winslow, you have opened Pandora's box with that link you gave me, LOL!  Here are some you tuned me into:

"I named my dog Stay so I could say "Come here, Stay, come here, Stay."
-Steven Wright

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

:)

Offline BlazerJo

• Gnawer
  • My Boys-Bill and Jack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 01:49:08 pm »
I know this is an old post but I can't help myself I love dog quotes!!!

"No man can be condemned for owning a dog. As long as he has a dog, he has a friend." Will Rogers

"One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why." unknown

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." Roger Caras

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
Amy

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 04:40:20 pm »
To My Ten Best Friends....

Who are far wiser in their way and far better in every way,than I: and yet who have not the wisdome to knw it...

Who do not  merely think I am perfect, but who are calmly and permanently convinced of my perfection:..and this in spite of fifty disillusions a day...

Who are frantically happy at my coming and bitterly woebegone in my absence..

Who never bore me and never are bored by me..

Who never talk about themselves and who always listen with rapturous interest to anything I may say..

Who, having no conventional consciences.ha ve no sins..

Who teach me finer lessons in loyalty, patience, in true courtesy, in unselfishness, in divine forgiveness, in pluck and in abiding good spirits than do all the books I have ever read and all the othe models I have studied..

Who have not deigned to waste time and eyesight in reading a word of mine and who will not bother to read this verbose tribute to themselves..

In short, to the most gloriously satisfactory chums who ever appealed to human vanity and to human desire for companionship. ..
by Albert Payson Trehune