Author Topic: The grossest/most embarrasing dog moment ever  (Read 7652 times)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
The grossest/most embarrasing dog moment ever
« on: April 13, 2008, 02:32:45 pm »
I was just having this conversation with a friend and thought I would bring it here.

What is the absolute grossest or most embarrasing thing your dog has ever done to you?? Mine is a three way tie.

#1) Neo, one of our CH sibes was at his first show when he was six months old. He was on the down and back, when he decided to stop and "relieve himself". This in itself is not that embarrasing, he's a puppy for crying out loud, and its his first show. So my mother who was handling him, stands there and waits while he finishes, then the steward who was a sweetheart comes over to clean it up. The steward was this older gentleman with a BIG LONG beard. As he bends over to pick up the poo, Neo LEAPS off the ground, grabs his beard and yanks the guy down face first into the pile of poop, then proceeds to shake his beard like a dead rat. Oh dear god.

#2) I woke up one morning to a dead raccoon on my pillow and my german shepherd grinning happily at me. I boarded up the new doggy door that same morning.

#3) Also involves Neo- I was asleep on the couch and cuddling with Kiwi, one of the male sibes, and Neo came over to sniff my face and look for a nuzzle. Kiwi growled at neo briefly, just a "Hey, this is my snuggle time, back off" growl. Neo got very indigiant, sniffed, glared at Kiwi, then turned around and very calmly lifted his leg and PEED ON MY FACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Worse, I was trapped under Kiwi so it was very hard to get up and avoid the stream.

I also had a very bad cat moment once where I had a rescue kitty who was close to delivering her kittens, and was asleep on my chest, and then I woke up because I tasted blood... and she had had the first kitten on my face/neck/pillow. GAHHHHH

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: The grossest/most embarrasing dog moment ever
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 02:34:44 pm »
OMG- I can't imagine living thru any of those :o
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline Shadowsmom

• Gnawer
  • Shadow ~ lab/newfie mix at 10 weeks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 02:55:26 pm »
Oh wow! You're my hero! LOL Thanks for the laugh! Thankfully, I don't have any that even come close.
Amy
fur babies:
Lily ~ Aussie ~ 9 yrs
Shadow ~ Lab/Newfie ~ puppy
4 kitties, and 6 baby kitties
2 Guinea hens
1 goat
2 rabbits
1 old chicken and 30 chicks
20 guinea keets
*whew!* that's a mouthful!

Offline AnnaCrew

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
    • Come and pat Grace
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 08:04:47 pm »
Mine most embarrising was when our huge GSD Barry suddenly decided to poop on the outside stairs of our Parlieament building :(
So picture my husband standing on the stairs, me taking pictures, suddenly barry - oops - decided. So here he was, doing his business, quards starring at him and or parliament deputies and government members trying to pass.

That was the first time in my life that I was really thankful for our habit to carry plenty of plastic bags in every pocket

(Other than that I was quite impressed about Barry's political views :D )
http://ozolkalni.blogspot.com/
Come and pat Grace athttp://en.uniteddogs.com/dog/16498

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 10:13:11 pm »
I have a cat moment--I had just moved to grad school with my cat, Orange, and that first night in our new apartment, I woke up to him peeing on my head! I think he was "pissed" about the move.  ::)

A gross moment with Tipper was when we were on a hike and he found something dead to roll in and when he was done and came over to me, he had writhing maggots in his fur!! Eeewwwww!  :o  I used a stick to flick them out of his fur cause there was no way that he was going in my car like that!
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 10:37:18 pm »
I have a cat moment too.  When I was a teenager, my cat Captain Morgan had kittens.  All but one kitten died.  Well her bed with the kittens was downstairs in the basement, and I guess she thought the kitten would be more safe up in my bed with me.  Well I woke up one morning to Captain Morgan digging and scratching at me.  I rolled over and found a dead squished kitten.  I had no idea that she had moved the baby in the night, and it was all she could do but to cry and howl pitifully at me.  Now I was maybe 16 at the time, so completely traumatized, I could't look her in the eye for weeks.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 12:08:07 am »
Shawn, OMG, those are sooo funny! The beard story - that is unbelievable!! Poor guy!!! Did you have to try hard not to laugh, or were you too mortified to see the humor right there on the spot?
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Lyn

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 01:25:54 am »
I've posted my most embarrasing moment before... here.. http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,17429.msg211890.html#msg211890

Offline BalthiesMom

• Ankle Biter
  • Dog is my Co-Pilot! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 02:54:54 am »
The visual imagery here is staggering! :D
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be measured in the way its animals are treated." Gandhi

You can lead a compassionate lifestyle by saving animal lives, caring for our planet, and nurturing your health!  Visit www.goveg.org

"Be the change you wish to see in this world." Gan

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 03:36:19 am »
Wow! In all my years of rescue, going through everything from ringworm to parvo, broken bones, vomiting and explosive diarrhea, I can't contribute anything that would even come close to these stories.

I bow to your obvious prowess in recovering from mortifying situations
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 10:54:06 am »
I think the grossest would be what happened to my sister as a kid. Digit, our dog growing up (named after Gorillas in the Mist), was sitting on my sister's chest while she was laying down. She did one of those really dramatic doggie yawns, my sister laughed really loud and the yawn turned into throwing up. All over her face...which was unfortunate, since she'd been laughing with her mouth open.

All very amusing stories, but this one had me killing myself laughing. I imagine it ended in your sister throwing up too? ;D Seriously funny.

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 11:46:30 am »
Love this thread- too funny!  Here's mine:
When McDougal was a puppy, he ate one of my red lipliners.  We had to go to one of the laundromats we owned in a strip mall to check things out.  I noticed that McDougal was wiggling around like he had to go out, so we run for the door and make it onto the sidewalk...whe re he proceeds to have explosive bright red diarrea.  The stench was unreal and combined with gushing red poo- people (and there were many) were gagging.  So awful!  I cleaned up as best as I could but to this day-7 YEARS later-there are still red stains on the walkway...talk about color stay lipliner!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline ptkennel

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Trail Kennel
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 06:35:48 am »
Last spring, the kids and I took Amy and Joy to a charity dog walk. Amy was about 9 months old and was easily the tallest dog there. Everyone loved her, until....she decided to take a dump right in front of the sign-up desk. (we were outside) This was the biggest dump I have ever seen come out of a dog. It looked like it should have come from a cow. Needless to say, we cleaned it up and all was fine. It happens, no big deal. The rest of the day went great.
The next week, Amy's "dump" story, made the local newspaper!

Brad
Joy, Newfoundland
Gabi, Newfoundland
Amy, Irish Wolfhound
Sara, Irish Wolfhound
Gintaro, Irish Wolfhound (from Poland)
Desa, our Borzoi
4 Irish Wolfhound puppies, Saturn, Gemini, Delta and Mercury
www.prairietra ilkennel.com

Offline Astrid282

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 08:44:56 am »
Too funny! My life with Astrid seems dull and boring compared to these stories.

http://web.mac.com/dogsrocknc/Astrid_Nicole/All_About_Me.htmll

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 09:40:41 am »
LOLOL......... ....these are all thoroughly amusing.

I can't come up with anything nearly as embarrasing as this but I thank you all for making my day.   :D