Author Topic: New pics of Cody (starved dobie)  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
New pics of Cody (starved dobie)
« on: April 14, 2008, 10:35:29 am »
Here's Cody now, 3 months after his initial rescue. He is doing so great, 78 LBS (from 34 I think) and thanks to good old prep-H we were able to remove the scars on his face- after the vet told us they would never heal, 3 weeks of daily applications and they were GONE (See profile shot). He had horrific scars. Yes- this is the same dobie from my signature! This is him out enjoying a sunny  day while having a good "lunge" on a 200 foot training line.

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline Bubbalove

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: New pics of Cody (starved dobie)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 10:37:43 am »
OH does he look wonderful!!! It brings tears to my eyes to think that without you...where he would be!!!
Kisses to Cody!!!!! :-*
Kana - 4 y/o Japanese Akita
Kita - 8/2005 crossed Rainbow Bridge
       10 y/o American Akita

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 11:03:09 am »
Cody looks amazing! What a profound change. You've done a fantastic job with his rehabilitation :-* :-* :-*
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 11:17:45 am »
I think I fixed it!

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 11:42:07 am »
He looks amazing!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 12:08:33 pm »
He looks great.

Nina  ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 01:39:55 pm »
Holy cow!!!  He's gorgeous!!  How is his behaviour now that he's obviously feeling better?
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 01:49:52 pm »
Hes an amazing dog. He is so loving and eager to please, he's not got an agressive bone in his body towards people (he does not like male dogs at all, and will only tolerate females if out in the yard or loose in the house with no people, bones, toys, food, or beds around.. he is jealous) he absolutely LOVES kids. He follows kids around like they are made out of candy. when they stop he sits next to them and leans against them and darts his head under their hands. when you rub on him he does the dobie "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm" and leans all against you. He's a fantastic dog. I've never heard him bark at people. He picks up tricks and obedience tips instantly. He loves agility and obedience, and is working now on off leash work (hense the tracking line) when we took him to petsmart for the adoption fair he was so flirty with everyone he met and snuggled and rolled over and loved on everyone. One little boy who came to volunteer had to go in the xpen and sit down with him in his lap, because Cody kept jumping on the x-pen to see him and was going to knock it over.

He is still a little skittish if you walk up on him carrying something he percieves as a weapon (like a pooper scooper or shovel, and one time I made the bad mistake of carrying a .22 rifle down from the attic when he was in the house and he saw it and BOLTED.) and again he needs to be in a home without other animals but he's doing very well.

he was actually tentatively adopted at the fair. We are working out the final details and allowing slow introductions. .. I want this to be a perfect home for him. They really seemed to love him, they had had dobies before and they were just laid out on the floor loving on him for 2 hours, and when they took him for the first trial (which nearly broke my heart) she road in he back with him in her lap.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 01:51:29 pm by whiskeyandsake »

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 02:00:23 pm »
That's so awesome!!!  I really hope it works out with those people, even though it will break your heart. :-\  You have done an awesome job with him!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 09:48:39 pm »
oh he looks beautiful! What a sweet boy he is turning out to be....good work on saving his life!!!   :D

chaosndestruction

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 01:25:34 am »
You have done an AMAZING job on Cody!!! What a gorgeous dobie!  Isn't it amazing how a little time, patience and TLC will bring an animal back from the brink of death?

Thank you so much for dedicating so much of your time and sanity towards helping saving neglected/abused animals. This post put a smile on my face:)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 01:45:21 am »
WOW - Cody looks fantastic!!!  You have done and amazing job with him! I applaud you both!

Offline Astrid282

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 04:52:26 am »
Amazing what love, attention and a little food (okay, maybe a lot!) will do! Kudos to you for bring Cody back from the brink of death.

http://web.mac.com/dogsrocknc/Astrid_Nicole/All_About_Me.html