Author Topic: Newfie in Shelter in IL  (Read 6953 times)

Offline kealoha812

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • "Life is short, Buy the shoes!"
    • View Profile
Newfie in Shelter in IL
« on: April 15, 2008, 08:09:10 am »
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10654928
There are 2 newfs listed in a shelter in Charleston, IL. Its about 4 hours from my house. Id be wililng to foster if anyone can help transport. Id anyone near there? We called the shelter today and found out it is a kill shelter and they are full!!!! AGAHG!!!!  Anyone got any ideas?

Martin

* Animal: Dog
    * Breed: Newfoundland Dog
    * Sex: Male
    * Size: Extra Large
    * ID: 358

"A righteous man regardeth the life of his animals" Proverbs 12:10
Meli - Golden retriever
Timber - newfie/border collie X
2 skin kids - ages 5 & 8
2 cats - Maui and Maea (who own us all)

Nicole

Re: Newfie in Shelter in IL
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 08:39:24 am »
OMG HE LOOKS JUST LIKE CABEZA! Not fair. :(

Offline kealoha812

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 08:57:13 pm »
Yep I'll foster. I can get to Chicago somehow! I have a friend who is off work tommorrow. She is looking into how far it is also and amy be able to get there. Email me at kealoha812@yahoo.com and we can talk about details... Thanks everyone.
Meli - Golden retriever
2 skin kids - ages 5 & 8

Offline kealoha812

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 09:05:26 pm »
So I just mapquested and found out it is actually farther for me to drive to Chicago than it is to drive to the shelter! Is there someone in Indianapolis that could drive to Chicago and pick them up and then I can meet them in Indy? Hmm... we'll keep working on it! I am hoping my friend (a newfie owner) will go get them tomorrow... I'll keep you posted.
On another note - when we called, they said Norman http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10655080 with the white on his chest was a pure bred and the other - Martin -was a mix http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10654928. I thought it was the other way around! What do you guys think? We also found out that Norman was 1 and Martin was 3. I think Martin looks like a young pure bred Newf.. maybe they got the pictures switched. Anyway.. thoughts?
Meli - Golden retriever
2 skin kids - ages 5 & 8

lorim2

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 10:20:54 pm »
They are both beautiful!  I think Normans face looks more like a newf but if I could, I would take either one!!  or both actually....I just wouldnt have a place to live because my fam would lock the doors!!  Good luck getting them home...

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 10:29:15 pm »
I would agree with what they said. Norman definitely has the Newf head and Martin definitely has more of a longer schnozz. Maybe more of a Flattie.

Anyway, driving to Chicago and then to Indy is an insane amount of driving, but I could probably get them from Julie in Chicago. I'm an hour from Chicago. Indy is 3 hours from here, though. So, that would be about 8 hours of driving for me, which I can't do cuz I'm about to deliver this baby!

Let me know if I can help. I could certainly keep them for a little while if you could get up here to pick them up. (I'm in LaPorte)

I just looked at the map. They're way down by Terre Haute!!! That's a pretty good hike. If you are in Indy, it doesn't make any sense for them to go all the way up to Chicago and then all the way back down to Indy!!!! Are you in Indy, Kealoha?

Offline kealoha812

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 03:08:52 am »
Hmmm.. Good point. I really need to spend more time on Mapquest! My brother is in Indy, and I am in the southernmost part of Indiana, across from Louisville Kentucky. Im still waiting to hear from my friend about whether she can drive to get them. She is in Louisville. It would be about 8 hours round trip - but shes a newf lover and likes to drive... so this is perfect for her! (or so I keep telling her!)
Meli - Golden retriever
2 skin kids - ages 5 & 8

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 03:12:42 am »
Wait...you are in New Albany, then?

I am just assuming, as that is "across from Louisville". We have friends in New Albany.

Hmm...it looks like the dogs are about 3 hours from you. I have friends in Bloomington and stuff, but I wouldn't probably be able to convince them to go get the dogs.

And even if I got them, there would be no way I could get them to you at this late stage in my pregnancy game.

I'll keep thinking of some way I could help you out, though.

Offline kealoha812

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 04:29:24 am »
I'm about 10 minutes from New Albany! Small World!!!! How cool is that! Let me know when your in town for a doggie playdate!!!!
Meli - Golden retriever
2 skin kids - ages 5 & 8

Offline kealoha812

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 11:33:41 am »
We've been calling hte shleter daily and not getting an answer. One of the newfs is no longer on teh petfinder site! So lets pray he got adopted!
Meli - Golden retriever
2 skin kids - ages 5 & 8