Author Topic: Anyone know anything about bunnies??  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Anyone know anything about bunnies??
« on: April 15, 2008, 04:22:27 pm »
My yard is like a roller coaster,so this year I wanted to use the lawn roller on it.Well yesterday when me and the boys were out for our walk I see Mama bunny had already had 2 babies.Both were pulled from the nest and didn't look alive.Today I went and checked and there is only one bunny,but he still doesn't look alive.She did start to line the nest with fur though.My question if this bunny that is left isn't alive will she have more? And how soon? I was so hoping to get this done before she had them and before Mama Killdeer laid her eggs.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know anything about bunnies??
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 09:03:14 pm »
I know that they can get prego (said in the most loving terms) within 30 min. of having her litter.  So unless a male got to her fast,bunnys are ultra fast in reproducing area...hopeful ly you can roll the grass with them there...or are they on the lawn? (my parents have them, but in the woods)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone know anything about bunnies??
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 04:31:10 pm »
Thanks.Both her and Mama Killdeer always have their babies right in the center of my back yard.I'll just have to walk the yard really good first and hope for the best.I wouldn't think she would have any again this soon,and Mama Killdeer showed up today so I have to get on it this weekend or live with the very rough ride this summer.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie