Rhodesian Ridgebacks > Rhodesian Ridgeback Discussions

Ridgeback mixed with what?

<< < (3/3)

taijinrr:

--- Quote from: Summer on September 29, 2005, 02:38:16 am ---He looks pretty full breed to me, just not to "standard" with that extra white.  Is he ridgeless?  I've seen full Ridgies that look a lot like him.  Here's a picture of my Ridgeback Play Group.

--- End quote ---

ive seen many RR's win in shows, and have the extra white
its not a D. Q., just undersirable, if the dog, much white, is put together beautifully, and moves out like a dream, they can win. also, the white is easy to breed out.
the only D. Q. on a ridgeback, is no ridge

taijinrr:

--- Quote from: Summer on September 29, 2005, 02:38:16 am ---He looks pretty full breed to me, just not to "standard" with that extra white.  Is he ridgeless?  I've seen full Ridgies that look a lot like him.  Here's a picture of my Ridgeback Play Group.

--- End quote ---

over 2 years ago, they have revised the WHITE, it is not undersirable, any more  i have seen many RR's  with what you would call, too much white, champion.
it's all in the conformation of the dog.NOT THE COLOR
the ONLY D Q is no ridge, a missing or more then  2 crowns, except for, i have bred and championed RR.s with a small swirl ontop of the head. also, saw an amazingly beautiful dog, ridge going down his front side,with also having a beautiful ridge on his back, take a best of breed, he was that well put together!!!!!!  this revision comes from RRCUS
a bit more white does not take away from the beauty of the ridgeback, actually, it can really look beautiful, and very flashy looking in the ring. i guess we are going back to the original type color of the african ridgebacks.  this is wonderful, so many show prospects were sold as pet , because of white, yippie for our whit footed ridgebacks!!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version