Author Topic: My Mutt - Great Pyr/Akbash (white Anatolian Shepherd)/Golden Retriever  (Read 7024 times)

Offline b_clark

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Here is my mutt Lou. We think he is a Great Pyr/Akbash (basically a white Anatolian Shepherd) with perhaps a little Golden Retriever in there. What do you all think? I will get some other pics up loaded in a sec.

Offline b_clark

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: My Mutt - Great Pyr/Akbash (white Anatolian Shepherd)/Golden Retriever
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 03:42:59 pm »
Here are so more pictures of Lou. He is about 2 years old, as far as we know anyway. We adopted him from a local shelter in February. He is the sweetest, does not have a mean bone in his body. One of his playmates is a beagel, the beagel is smaller than Lou's head! His 1 bad trait is he is an escape artist. He can scale our 6+ foot fence and occasionally, given the chance will bolt.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 03:53:13 pm »
I don't care what he is - he is beautiful

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 05:23:04 pm »
He's beautiful, must have gotten the best of all of them. I think he looks the most like a Pyr. Does he have double dew claws?

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 05:57:10 pm »
I can definitly see the Pyr & Anatolian Shepard in him...I bet he is one heck of a gaurd dog!...I think Anatolian Shepards are awesome!...Ya' know, I am thinking wlemons has or is fostering a yellow lab/Pyr mix...I might be wrong though but your dog kind of looks like that dog....Anyway, Welcome to B.P.'s!...I'm glad you & your gorgeous dog joined us!!...My name is Chelle & my big pawed boys are Samson (1 yr. last month) & Pippin. (5 & 1/2 months) ...Samson is the dog in my avatar...I think he was 11 months old in it...Here is my Pippin when he was still out gaurding goats a few weeks ago...He cleaned up nice! :D

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 06:01:29 pm »
Doesn't much matter, he's a good looking boy!

Offline b_clark

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 04:33:47 pm »
What a bunch of cute dogs you all have!

Lou has just recently started acting like a guard dog. The funniest is when he tries to guard our cats. 1 cat runs in terror and the other thinks its very cool. As soon as he is done growling at the other dog to leave his cat alone, the cats walks over to him and sits down right next to him like he knows the Lou is his protector.

He has single dew claws in back and a hook at the end of his tail. His coat changes quite a bit with the seasons.

When people ask what he is I tell them he is a European Mountain dog, I figure that covers Pyrs, Kuvasz, Anatolian Shepherd, etc.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 04:56:35 pm »
Lou is such a cute boy. And he's got that "hmmmm what can I get myself into next" look in his eyes lol...... 

I am looking forward to see many more pics of him

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2005, 05:00:52 pm »
When people ask what he is I tell them he is a European Mountain dog, I figure that covers Pyrs, Kuvasz, Anatolian Shepherd, etc.
LOL!...I love that!....Sammy tries to gaurd my cats too!...I have 8 so he stays busy...lol...T he cats just wish he'd leave them alone!...Pippin jusr started gaurding my two bunnies....It's so cute!...lol...Both of my boys came from working LGD's so they have to gaurd something I guess or find trouble...lol. ..Next spring I am hoping to add two pygmy goats to our family for them.