Author Topic: vomiting for 3 weeks now  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
vomiting for 3 weeks now
« on: April 19, 2008, 06:12:22 am »
Titan seems to be vomiting a lot lately.  He is mostly vomiting water, which i can excuse because he sometimes act like water is going out of style.  BUT this morning he vomited kibble, but i fed him kibble 2 days ago!!!!! yesterday he got raw, today raw, but the other day i didn't have any raw for him.  I have also excused the water because he drinks plays and pukes.  this is a new thing though..with in the past 2-3 weeks.  Do you think a vet is needed or this is ok?

Offline Guardian Angel's White lightning

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: vomiting for 3 weeks now
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 03:39:35 am »
today he vomited up his breakfast, although i think he didn't chew it enough (raw). But he definitly is gulping water when he vomits that up, but then he vomited food that was given to him the day before.... i definitly don't know what is going on with him....hmmm... .yeah...and now i tell him no and he is peeing in the house 2x  so perhaps we will go to the vet...

Offline Mojo1269

• Big Paw Certified
  • The Men
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 03:55:46 am »
Butler (Mastiff) is a puker.  I have to limit/monitor his activity and water consumption for about 30 minutes befor and 30-90 minutes after eating.  He developed this issue about Titan's age.  For Mr B it is all about food & water sloshing around his belly.  If taking him in is weighing on you I would just do it for the peace of mind.
Duke 5 Year Old Menacing Hound
Butler 1 Year Old Burgeoning Monster

VooDoo the Greatest Dane. 09-14-1995 - 12-31-2007 RIP my sweet

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 04:08:22 am »
I would try to keep him calm before and after he eats.
With our Titan  ;) LOL 30mins before and a least 1 hour if not more after he eats we keep him indoors and as still as we can. We usally give him a bully that last about 45 mins to 1 hour of laying down nicley infront of the tv being still! And no water. Titan has no water 1 hour before and no water 1 hour after. We also feed Titan 3 times a day asmall meals and his last meal is just beofre we go to be so he is resting nicly while digesting. We have never had a pucky problem but see if this helps. Hope baby Titan feels better soon!
Adrienne