Author Topic: whiskeyandsake......  (Read 5469 times)

Offline Thelma

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
whiskeyandsake......
« on: April 19, 2008, 08:39:07 am »
been thinking of you today.......go od luck to you tomorrow
I will be thinking of you.
~Thelma & Karl~
~Duke~Zoe~Toby~Spencer

~Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body..but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out ....shouting.. . WOW!
What a Ride!!!~

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
Re: whiskeyandsake......
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 09:18:45 pm »
Thank you :)

I am off to go and take one of my fosters in for bladder stone removal surgery this morning, and then I will be picking up the boys at animal control. The appointment is at 10 AM and I want to give them an hour or so with a nice relaxing walk and some forbiden and delicious food.

I will let you all know how it goes, everyone please say a crossing prayer for Burley the lab and Chingo the dalmation today at 10 am, they need all the compassion they can get

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 11:36:53 pm »
My thoughts are with you and those boys today.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline DAMAGE

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Raemi, Breccan and the late, great, Drago & Chloe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 11:54:16 pm »
Will light a candle to help guide the boys 'home'.
Sending the power of healing thoughts to the foster having surgery.
Dana
& The George Saints
"Raemi"
"Breccan"

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 02:58:38 am »
An update for all of you-

First of all, Chingo is a girl- they had her mis-marked :( Poor little girl, we have all been calling her he. I carefully carried her out to the car and made her comfortable, then loaded lovely Burley and made the trip to the vets. On the way, I had second thoughts on Burley. He has arthritis, and moves a bit painfully, but he is active, alert, and very sweet and loving. I decided not to euthenize Burley but to give him a chance and see if perhaps we can not place him in a foster home to live out his last few years in peace, or even adopt him out for free to a loving and compasionate home who can guide him through his twilight years. 12 years old does not have to be the end for a lab, and I think with medical attention he may be ok.

Chingo at the vets however was loaded full of morphine and I took her home. She walked under her own power on the grass and sniffed and wagged at Burley, grateful to see him again I think. I took them both back into the kennel and set them up on nice warm beds with bowls of hot gruel and pedialyte and combed them clean and whiped the dried feces from Chingo. I decided to let Chingo cross here, so the vet will be coming here tonight to allow her to cross a little easier. She has a good appetite, but that could be the morphine. The morphine really perked her up, but he gave her a ton. She can't bend her legs, just moters on stiff legged.

While I was there I also brought home a little afenpinchser mix that some !@#&!@ was turning in. I hate being there when some idiot drops off animals. I stood there and waited for his verdict, adoptable or non, and when they said "Non, too fat" i said "Give him here, hes coming with me". So I brought home three  ::)

So chingo is still alive and enjoying her last hours. I set her xpen up in the grass with a big coushy dog bed so she can be out on a lovely spring day with Burley, instead of locked in that friggin concrete cell. Later on, right before the vet comes, I will cook lobster tail with chocolate sauce- a favorite with all the terminal dogs here.

I will let you all know how it goes.

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets

lorim2

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 03:19:29 am »
You truly are an Angel....I love you and I dont even know you :'(

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 03:32:07 am »
Here's pics of the guys, this was when they were in the run waiting for me to set up their xpen in the grass, and when we first got them out of the car.

Also the little affenpinscher mix, he's adorable. My volunteer named him Tony, I have no idea why, I guess he looks like a tony :)

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets

chaosndestruction

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 03:37:38 am »
I have to admit it...I love you too! :'( I'm so glad that you are here to give Chingo an amazing last few hours...and Burley an extend lease on life...and that you were in time to snatch up that poor little affenpinscher mix.

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 07:06:30 am »
You truly are an Angel and those babies are so lucky to have you on their side.Thank you!!!!!

When you have a free min,drop me and email and let me know how everything else is going.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 07:11:47 am »
I'm crying at the love and care you give all the animals that seems to luckily cross your path.

I am not a person to say this easily or often but

G_d bless you (which ever G_d it is)

Randy

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 08:54:15 am »
Ditto on everything everyone else has already said.  Once you get Burley set up and get to know him, can you send me his info?  I have a friend that might know someone who would take him in.  It may be a long shot but Rob is my "animal pimp" and I mean that in the most loving way since he has a knack for finding good homes for dogs as well.  Please give Chingo a big hug for me and I'm sending good thoughts to all of you.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Thelma

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 09:03:48 am »
you truly are an angel on earth....you are absolutely
amazing...my hero...I hope that if I am ever in the same
position as you..I too will do everything I can. God Bless You!
~Thelma & Karl~
~Duke~Zoe~Toby~Spencer

~Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body..but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out ....shouting.. . WOW!
What a Ride!!!~

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 09:35:52 am »
I'm hoppin' on the love-train, too. Thanks from the bottom of our collective hearts for all you do.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

k2campbell

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 10:23:13 am »
Thank-you, you are a hero to both of those dogs, and the many others that you help. You are an inspiration, someone I admire, someone who makes a huge difference in this world. You truly are an angel  :-*

Again, thank-you so much for giving Chingo one last day in the sun, on the grass (and most importantly) with her friend  :-* :-* :-*

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 10:33:36 am »
Hey everyone-

Thanks for the love and kind words. Chingo went peacefully and calmly across the bridge and I am sure was met by many of our 4 legged heros that went before her. Her brother (Burley) was at her side and he took it well when we carried her out. She will be cremated and the ashes sent to Dalmation Rescue in SC who is funding her cremation and will make her a memorial for all seniors dumped by their owner at shelters.

Burley is actually going to carolina lab rescue to live out his days in a private foster home with another senior lab. He will be very happy :)

Tony/Claus (She can't decide on one of the two names, my volunteer takes the naming of small dogs very seriously) is doing very well

And... I was bad and on my way back from dropping Chingo's body at the crematorium, I got a call from York co animal control about a senior golden retriever, and of course I immediatly changed direction and went down there and pulled her, so now I have HW + Sonny, a beautiful 9 year old golden retriever white face girl. The owners dumped HER because they thought she was pregnant. I don't think she is but I will take her to the vet to find out- pregnant at 9 OIE!! either way, it looks like she was bred nearly to death.

She and Burley get along great so I think she was sent to me to help him have an older buddy to sleep with tonight in place of his Chingo girl. They are sharing a bed tonight and are both sleeping peacefully.

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets