Author Topic: EMERGENCY RESCUE OF GREAT PYR NEEDED EUTHANIZATION FRIDAY!  (Read 11847 times)

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: EMERGENCY RESCUE OF GREAT PYR NEEDED EUTHANIZATION FRIDAY!
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 09:30:34 am »
I just got off the phone with the animal control (PLEASE CONTACT COWETA COUNTY ANIMAL CONTROL TO ADOPT THIS PET: 770-254-3735 ) and they said that he goes up for adoption tomorrow. When I replied that it said he was to be euth'd tomorrow she said 'he will be up for adoption tomorrow.'
So I am not sure what gives. I told her that we were trying to find a rescue that could pull this animal to safety, to which she replied that he's going up for adoption tomorrow.

I heard back from the Great Pyr rescue in Chicago ( thinking they might know someone I don't ) and while they personally can't pull him I was told they will forward the info to the Great Pyr rescue of America.  I didn't tell him I emailed them as well. Figured the more the merrier.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2005, 09:47:51 am »
Wow not sure what gives with them treating you like that, not very nice is it? Thanks for all the hard work everyone.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2005, 04:14:55 pm »
bump
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2005, 05:39:53 pm »
I am still working on making calls in Atlanta. No luck so far but I am workign on it.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2005, 06:07:34 pm »
I cannot express enough my gratitude to all of you who are working so hard for this guy.  I cannot believe they said he goes up for adoption tomorrow when it clearly states he will be euthanized!    I am so glad so many of you know as much about, as as many people in Rescue.  My many thanks to all of you and BIG HUGS all around.  Shana
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2005, 06:09:23 pm »
I emailed to the petfinder email underneath the picture as well and this is the reply I got:
<Hi Caroline,

Our organization, Newnan-Coweta Humane Society and Shelter Rescue, takes pictures of the homeless pets in local animal control facilities.  We then post those pictures, descriptions and location of those pets (as well as our foster pets) on our websites:  www.shelterres cue.petfinder. com and www.shelterres cue.org

That pet is in the custody of the Coweta Co. Animal Control facility in Newnan, GA.  Their number is 770-254-3735.  Please give them the id number of the pet (it will be eight digits) and they will tell you if that pet is still available.  They will also tell you their adoption policy, procedures, adoption fee and driving directions.  CCAC is open M-F 8a.m.-5p.m. with viewing of pets 10a.m.-4:30p.m.  They are also open on Saturday 10a.m.-12:45p.m.   

I would strongly urge you to contact CCAC as soon as possible.  Euthanization is done on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. 

That fella will be avail. for adoption/rescue or even euthanization 8/5.  CCAC is a rescue friendly facility.  As long as the rescue organization has a GA state issued shelter license, they will just transfer the pet to the rescue group.  CCAC will need a copy of the shelter license and a statement saying who will be pulling this pet - those things can be faxed to CCAC at 770-254-3737.

Thank you for your inquiry and we hope this information helps.

NCHS-SR

I''ve caught more ills from people sneezing over me and giving me virus infections than from kissing dogs.
- Barbara Woodhouse ->

What I would suggest is that someone else calls the Coweta Co. Animal Control facility  as well and asks what the status is on the dog and let them know we're trying to pull it. When I asked they said he was going to be up for adoption tomorrow , but now from what I understand from this lady's answer it can either be adoption or euth?? Am I reading this correctly?
The fact that they ARE rescue friendly should help.
Please let me know what else I can do, ok?

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2005, 06:15:09 pm »
It is unfortunate that they will do one the three things,  it makes me so sad....So basically play russina roulette with this boy.  God I hope someone can pull him....If I were anywhere near that area I would call in sick to work and go get him myself....
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2005, 06:21:26 pm »
There is a Big Paws rescue in NC that I have been trying to reach, but each time I call it says the circuits are busy.  I tried emailing them but it bounced back . 
Here is their website: <http://bigpawsrescue.tripod.com/index.htm>

I just figured since they are Big paws and so are we.... Am trying everything to help this guy .
I will keep trying to call them but if someone else can try as well that would be great. NC is not too far from Georgia, plus we don't know who they know that can help should they be willing to pull this dog.

IF I get through I'll let you guys know
Caroline

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2005, 06:48:57 pm »
I sent a messasge to them, hopefully mine goes through, a different area, I don't know.  I will check again in a bit before I go to bed, I have to be up at 4am for another long day.  Thanks again everyone.  I will let you know if my mail goes through.  Shana
Storm Jameson

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2005, 06:50:27 pm »
Ok it bounced back says user unknown, not a member, permenant fatal errors.  I could just kick something!
Storm Jameson

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2005, 09:06:02 pm »
I found an AOL email for them and it bounced back too. I'll try one more time to call them tomorrow but I am out West so 3 hours behind NC. If anyone else can call earlier then please do so.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2005, 07:32:51 am »
Great News I just got an email from Pyrnet

I just heard from Terry Stephanick.  She said that they have found
someone to
pull this dog on Sat.  I know that the shelter said he would die on
Friday but
like so many situations, if they know there is an option they can be
pretty
flexible.  I do wonder if they actually would have put him down on
Friday.

Linda

I asked her to send me the GPCA contacts to that we have a direct line to the rescue people that have pulled this sweet guy. They have saved the last dogs in need that we brought to there attention. Great work everyone!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2005, 09:07:09 am »
BUMP for PYR people    ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline sobe

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2005, 09:08:30 am »
I just got an email as well <Thank you, we are making arrangements with the shelter to pull him on Sat.

Terry Stephanick>

I am so happy, can almost cry. This boy is safe!
Caroline

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2005, 07:48:39 pm »
OMG!  I just got home from 14 hours of pure HADES literally at work and I cannot telll you how much this has made my entire day.  You all are WONDERFUL and I appreciate everything you have done!  Thank you!@!!!!!!!! :D ;) ;D ::)
Storm Jameson