Author Topic: Drake the Celebrity Magnet  (Read 6244 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Drake the Celebrity Magnet
« on: April 21, 2008, 03:42:54 pm »
Hey Big Paws Folks!  It's been a while and I've missed my fav big dog site! My 17 mo. daughter Paige has been keeping busy as well as work so I've had so little time as of late.  Drake is alive and well and his normal Newfie self.  We took him up to Lake Tahoe last weekend and had a blast.  He got to tango with a Black Bear the first night and was Mr. Ferocious!  He chased the bear up the fence and it glared at him as it walked along the top, hopped onto a tree and shimmied down into the neighbors back yard.  We were cracking up! I wish I had gotten a picture of that! The next day we went to the Village at Squaw Valley to do some shopping and have lunch.  We tied up Drake in the front where we could see him and a constant flow of people came up to pet him.  At one point I saw a big buffed guy looking at Drake and smiling.  Then I noticed there was an entourage with him and a cameraman, so I left the table to go see who it was.  It turned out to be Vernon Davis of the San Francisco 49ers and he was very interested in Drake but wasn't sure if he was friendly.  Once I introduced them and he realized Drake was a loverdog, we had some laughs and chatted for a while.  He was a really down to earth, nice guy and he even posed for a pic with me and Drake.  After our encounter, I think he has become a full fledged Newf Lover!  I hope he spreads the word about Drake!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 03:46:37 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
Re: Drake the Celebrity Magnet
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 06:46:54 pm »
Very cool, nice to hear from you guys. I'm sure everyone would love to see pics of your little skin kid too.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 11:14:53 pm »
I don't know too much about football, but I do remember seeing that guy, and thinking how...Talented ...his muscles looked...I'm sorry you might not appreciate the jealousy I have towards you right now ;), but I'll get over it, and say welcome back!  I'm relatively newish here, and I don't think we've "spoken" but I'm Alex.  Can't wait to see more pics of Drake!   :D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 01:04:13 am »
Welcome back. WOOHOO Drake is turing into a Celebrity!  ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 02:41:02 am »
Drake looks handsome as always :)
RIP former BPO

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 10:44:16 pm »

Also, how is your Drake hat holding up?  I think I'm getting close to having enough to make the hat...

You're the fur hat!!!!!   :o
I remember reading about that on here when I first joined, and thinking about what a great idea it was!  I've been trying to save enough undercoat to make one as well!  ;D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline ozzysma

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 01:14:23 am »
drake i am so envious!!!  i love vernon davis!!!!and the 49ers!!!