Author Topic: Plan B...  (Read 4029 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Plan B...
« on: April 22, 2008, 08:17:05 pm »
So, Aaron said he gave it some thought and he doesn't think it's a good idea to foster cats or dogs right now - and he had some acceptable reasons so this is my Plan B...

I was thinking of starting a website called "Critter Connections" that would help match people up looking for specific pets, kind of like Petfinder, but I would be doing all the work.

I hear and see posts all the time from people looking for a dog, cat, bird, etc. for their family and they are not aware of or are too lazy to do the legwork of looking on Petfinder, breed rescue sites, or scouring the newspapers, and checking out breeders.

I could also help organize transports and help find homes for pets in high-kill shelters who are in their final hours. I've done all that before and it was just as satisfying as fostering.

I was thinking the search service would be free and I could fund the site through advertiser links, but also providing low-cost info. packets like "How to Choose a Breeder" and "How to Choose the Right Rescue Dog" or "What to do when you get your new pet home".

What do you think? Is this logistically possible? Any comments or ideas?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 08:17:44 pm by scootergirl »
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline nkp

• Ankle Biter
  • This is Mr. Cuddle Buttons Pic
    • View Profile
    • Handmade Pottery and Pottery  Beads
Re: Plan B...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 08:34:05 pm »
I think that is a neat idea!
Natalie

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Plan B...
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 01:48:12 am »
Super idea! Good luck on your new venture.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08