Author Topic: Antlerz  (Read 4531 times)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Antlerz
« on: April 25, 2008, 05:57:42 am »
Has anyone given their dog these? I have been interested in them, but I don't know if I can bring myself to spend the amount of money they cost on a dog chew. I mean, if they last and dog's like em, it's worth it of course. Also, I wonder if they're too small for giant dogs? I know they have jumbo size. Just looking to see if anyone else has tried them!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

EllieAndBlu

Re: Antlerz
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 06:57:57 am »
I've given them to my crew and my roomie has given them to her chihuahuas.... all the dogs (big and small) loved them... and they lasted a long time, which is the best news where Ellie is concerned... she is the destroyer of all chewies (except antlerz and Merrick bones.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 07:45:25 am »
I have a few friends with dogs of various sizes.  They LOVE these things.  I'm hoping a local store will start selling them.

My one friend in AK loves them b/c they don't stain the carpet and there is no odor associated with them.  And it is the only thing she's given her lab that he doesn't destroy.

chaosndestruction

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 08:34:18 am »
Maybe I'll have to try these for Keela! She chews through oinkies (pork skins chews) in less than 30 mins...bullies last no time at all. The dog chews that are "up to an hour of chew time" last her 10 mins AND I have to cringe at her crunching threw it.

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 06:20:07 pm »
Where do you buy these marvoulous things?? Titan is a CRAZY fast chewer!!!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 07:46:30 pm »
There are a number of online companies selling these.  I was told it might be cheaper to go thru a company just dealing with antlers such as "antlers unlimited" and get a price quote for "craft antlers"
http://www.antlersunlimited.com/index.shtml

But if you want to go thru a pet site, here are a couple that sell antlers.
http://www.petexpertise.com/item--Antler-Dog-Chews--Antlers.html

http://landofpuregold.com/store/antler.htm

http://www.deerantlersforpups.com/

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 08:40:50 pm »
the lady we got our bullies from, they live on "antler river" there are lots of deer/elk/moose, etc who lose their antlers there in the fall, and so they take a walk into their back yard and they get antlers of all sorts, they said they are amazing, and better than any other chew they've tried with their bullies. i've yet to try them though.
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 09:52:24 pm »
Thanks for the input everyone! I'll have to try them. Like I said, they are expensive, but if they last longer than 15 minutes, it's probably worth it. I was looking at them on bestbullystick s.com. I'm assuming I have to get the "jumbo" so Miles wont choke, which is like 15 dollars I think. CRAZY amount of money to spend on one dog chew if you ask me, but once again, if they last, it's worth it I suppose. ;D
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline AltDeutsche

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 11:43:00 am »
Darn! Doesn't anyone ship them outside the US or use USPS?
These sound great and I want one now.
Danielle
Mace Sable Coated GSD 02/08
Rex Sable Coated GSD 02/08

Offline CalistogaPyr

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 11:33:16 am »
I got mine from petexpertise.c om and they are GREAT!  I'm on my second set now.  They're great for combatting tartar on the teeth.  I especially like them because they're easier on Bo's tummy than regular bones, plus they last a lot longer.  She used to go through a 12" bully stick in less than 10 minutes, and the first set of antlers lasted over 3 months before they got so small that I threw them out due to choking hazard.  They're worth the extra cost.
Jenn in CA
"Be the change you wish to see in the world"-Gandhi