Dobermans > Doberman Discussions

Dripping urine ... what to do?

(1/2) > >>

SHEL:
Hello all! I have a long story but I will try to keep it short. Today I looked at a 3 yr old female for our family and fell in love with her she was great, she just need a bath and better care, diet. she lives with a elderly couple and while we were there visiting her to see if she would fit our family we did notice that she was dripping urine which is not really a good thing. I was wondering what we can do? I am hopeing for a UTI that can be taken care of but I am not sure where we should go and do as to she is not ours and I don't think the owners now will take her to the vet to find out as they are giving her away FREE and I don't think we should really fall in love with her more and find out that it could be something bad. She fot our family GREAT very mellow with my kids and myself, she didn't even bark at us when we first meet her just sat down adn leaned against us and licked alot.Help us if you can PLEASE!!!

kealoha812:
dripping urine?  Id guess infection or urinary incontinence. You could always ask them if you can take her urine to the vet! Thats all they need anyway is a sample and they can test it right away. If it is negative for infection - it is most likely urinary incontinence and medication daily will help with that. I say - go for it! Get her home, love her to death and take her to the vet... Good luck!

Binky:

--- Quote from: kealoha812 on April 25, 2008, 05:16:37 pm ---dripping urine?  Id guess infection or urinary incontinence. You could always ask them if you can take her urine to the vet! Thats all they need anyway is a sample and they can test it right away. If it is negative for infection - it is most likely urinary incontinence and medication daily will help with that. I say - go for it! Get her home, love her to death and take her to the vet... Good luck!

--- End quote ---

Just what I was going to say!
If she and your family are a match, go get her right now and take her to the vet!  good luck!

SHEL:
Well it is NOT a UTI. The owner did take her to their vet and the vet called me. She thinks that she was just nervious.And i did find out that she is fixed, the older couple didn't remember and she is 4 not 3 but I still want her. so on Sat. we will be bringing her home. Just need to find a place that is open on Sat. for a bath before she gets in my house.I will still take her to a vet to get her checked out for my own peace of mind though but if it is incontinence I will just give her the meds. I want her that bad. We live in a small house but there is alot of love in it for her.Keep your fingers crossed for us I really want this big girl. Oh ya her name is Marnee.

kealoha812:
Welcome home Marnee! Welcome Home!   We want pics!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version